Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700xx Rear Shock Problem

700xx Rear Shock Problem

I LOST ALL OIL OUT OF ONE OF MY REAR SHOCKS, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE SHOCKS, CAN ANYONE HELP!

bad seal or bent shaft or something. I am sure it is under warranty get it back to the dealer

IS THERE A WAY TO RECHARGE THESE SHOCKS WITH OIL? I SAW A WEBSITE SELLING SHOCK OIL. OIL CAME OUT OF THE ALUMINUM CAP NEXT TO THE PIGGYBACK OF THE SHOCK.

This just happened to my dad's and they had to send it in to see if it was under warranty, made him buy a new one $720

**** ..if its broke ..and you broke it ... elka has suspension for it ..i just ordered it ... they say build time is 7-10 days. hope that helps

One of ours had leaked all the oil out of it. Honda replaced it under warranty. $954.00 Cnd$ up here for one if you had to buy it.
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800X
    2008 Honda TRX700XX
    2009 Honda Rancher 420PG

I TALKED TO HONDA YESTERDAY, THEY ARE GOING TO REPLACE IT UNDER WARRANTY, BUT I ALSO BOUGHT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY JUST IN CASE,YOU NEVER KNOW WITH A BRAND NEW MODEL WHAT MIGHT POP UP! BUT I WAS STILL WONDERING IF YOU CAN REPLACE THE OIL AND PRESSURIZE THE SHOCK,IT SURE LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! THIS IS A GREAT SITE FOR ALL OF US TO ENJOY.

Glad to hear Honda is taking care of it. i got the 5 yr warranty too, just because its a new model.

yay honda! Im glad they decided to cover it ... usually they are pretty good ... cause if you think about it a shocks sole purpose is to take abuse away from you riding .... and us buyers are kinda guinea pigs and im sure honda actually appreciates the real world feedback ... even if its bad.

Thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast