Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 54mm watercooled cylinder?

54mm watercooled cylinder?

Just wondered if anyone made one?
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

watercolled 54 mm

i have never seen one ever just the 52 mm and lower i would love to have one of them!!!!

I know the 53mm kits are availible, And i woudn't be suprised if it could be bored out to 54mm. Here is one example of a 53mm kit I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Liqui...mZ330263986993

I have a FRC liquid cooled top end here that needs bored. It would be a good one for a 54mm.

I have my cylinder from this year I wouldn't mind boring out but I am not sure that alone would work properly. Don't get me wrong I did think about it and then I could mess around with a few of the ports just to see what happens but it is a lot of time and effort to boldly/stupidly go where no man has gone before.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Dont know a lot about these but you might check it out. www.strokeitimports
    Look in the engines section towards the bottom on left.
    Thanks to:God
    G- Force Powersports

Originally posted by neveready
    I have a FRC liquid cooled top end here that needs bored. It would be a good one for a 54mm.
    If you wanna try it, send it my way. I will do the machining . I have to buy a new 54mm upper end anyway.............it would be for an eton.Got the whole set up? Oh , if it works I get to keep it for a nominal fee.
    This way,I would have a liquid and we'll all know how it works
    Bill
    Rider: Zachary "Z"
    Honda 300ex
    Honda 250x
    Eton 90....ish
    Skidoo Rev 550

yes, 54mm cyl kits are available but in our testing the 53mm kit makes more power, not because it is 53 , but it is a better choice of cyl. With a 45 crank up to a 48mm crank you can make a real torque monster. we got em in stock .
    marc
    God bless,
    from your friends at Hot Quads
    334-705-0084

Originally posted by hotquads1
    yes, 54mm cyl kits are available but in our testing the 53mm kit makes more power, not because it is 53 , but it is a better choice of cyl. With a 45 crank up to a 48mm crank you can make a real torque monster. we got em in stock .
    marc
    Darn, i was tryin' to work it

What makes the 53 a better cylinder for the water cooled kit ? Is it design , different porting, or just a different quality.......?

I 'm looking for something to replace the 54mm and we're kinda torn between stroking it with another 54mm or going back to 52mm to allow wider class entry. Some of the local races here allow every mod except you can't violate the 90cc size. Other classes are 90-125cc anything goes.
    Really wish we had more races in MIchigan that didn't require outta state or across state travel.Would luv to do it, just can't rght now.
    Bill
    Rider: Zachary "Z"
    Honda 300ex
    Honda 250x
    Eton 90....ish
    Skidoo Rev 550

port timing is closer on the 53mm, for my taste.
    marc
    God bless,
    from your friends at Hot Quads
    334-705-0084

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast