Thread: Reeds pro mxr 90

Reeds pro mxr 90

Does anyone know? Someone told me you can get another horsepower out of the pro mxr 90 by changings the reeds. Is this true and where can I get some?

Reeds are very important. The more efficient your reeds atomize the fuel the better performance you'll get. Does your reed cage use the two-petal or one big petal reed?

I don't think you'll find an additional 1HP but you could find a significant gain.
    WWW.FINISHLAST.ORG

I cant say about a specific horsepower but when we installed the v-force 3 reeds on our apex it definately made a difference, it was crisper, smoother and gave better throttle response. I would definately recommend it.

Somebody (TRX450) has a dyno , I have a set of the v-force drop in reeds I'll donate if he will dyno the change and post it.
    I'll even work out a trade for the Dyno time he spends doing the test. Dyno time for porting tool time.

Dyno V force 3

I just dynoed a 100 last week(engine dyno) with carbon fiber large single petal vs. V Force 3. The only increase I could find was in the upper rpm range around 10 to 11000. It was very minimal. The engine did sound a little crisper though. In My opinion money could be better spend elsewhere for more power gains. Just my .02
    Proud Sponsors Of:
    #99 Conner Peavy /0-100 Stk Appearing
    #36 Dalton Robinson /0-100 Stk Appearing
    #2 Zach Briggs /Quad Youth
    #333 Alexus Martinez /Mini Quad Mod