Thread: Twist Throttle Intallation

Twist Throttle Intallation

I will be installing a twist throttle on my 400ex this weekend. It is the Motion Pro Vortex model. Is there anything I should know before I start the process and anything I shoud keep in mind while I do it? (ie....make sure that the throttle will completely open) Thanks alot.
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

When you get it on, make sure to adjust your cable with the little screw on the left of the throttle. I just did mine a couple days ago after someone posted something similar. The throttle had about 1/4 give before it actually did anything. Make sure to not over-tighten it(duh), or you're gonna wreck very quickly.

Take a couple days of easy riding to get used to it. Start out small and work your way up. It will probably feel very weird and out of control for a while, but it doesn't take all that long to get the hang of it. I love mine now and won't ever go back.

Have fun and don't do too much too fast.