Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlaw or TRX700?

And the Honda posted in this thread looks like a good time, I'd love to ride one sometime....

<----Outlaw 525IRS owner

I like the Honda except for the front plastic.... for some reason, Honda decided to put waaaay too much plastic into those front fenders.... That, and they should not have used an 11" wheel in the rear, that just makes no sense and kind of kills its aftermarket options for tires w/o changing wheels also (if they can go to a 10" or even a 9" wheel....). I am sure it has great Honda quality though!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

Honda will void the entire warranty if you run anything smaller than an 11" rear rim. They did that for the angle of everything on the rear.

Even Honda will tell you that you will kill the rear end.
    2007 TRX450ER Black w/ red frame

Pro taper bars and grips
    Blingstar "DC" Bumper
    AC Racing Nerf Bars
    2 Brothers M-7 Exhaust
    CV4 radiator lines
    Rock Skid Plates
    ITP GP rims
    Maxxis Razr2

Putting a different rim on isn't going to change the angle at all. The hubs do not change, so that doesn't make sense at all.

Maybe there are rim clearance issues worse than the Outlaw has. If that is the case, that sucks! I would hate to have to run the limited 11" tires out there....
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

I would hate to see my rims if I had to run an 11" rim at some of the rock Gardens we race at. That rim would be destroyed.

I rode a 700XX and the fit and finish was so nice. But it did sit really high and you could really tell the weight was there when it came time to turn it. But in the open areas and dunes I bet it is a blast, especially once you get some engine makers taking advantage of all those CC's.
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

Originally posted by GE4x4
    Putting a different rim on isn't going to change the angle at all. The hubs do not change, so that doesn't make sense at all.
    Put a 10" rim on one and watch what happens. This is straight from Honda.

An interesting outgrowth of Honda's goal to fit the longest A-arms and axle shafts possible is the use of special 11-inch-diameter rear wheels (larger than competitive designs). The larger-diameter wheels allow the knuckles and hubs to reach farther into the wheel cavity, which effectively extends the A-arms and axle shafts to the perimeter of the 700XX's track width. To maintain strength and light weight, the thickness of the rear-wheel wall varies as it extends from the center plate to the outer ring of the wheel—another Honda ATV first. And here's another: the fitment of replaceable rim scrapers to remove mud and debris from rear wheels, a feature pioneered on Honda's popular Foreman and Rincon series.
    2007 TRX450ER Black w/ red frame

Pro taper bars and grips
    Blingstar "DC" Bumper
    AC Racing Nerf Bars
    2 Brothers M-7 Exhaust
    CV4 radiator lines
    Rock Skid Plates
    ITP GP rims
    Maxxis Razr2

Originally posted by stoopidbot
    Put a 10" rim on one and watch what happens. This is straight from Honda.

An interesting outgrowth of Honda's goal to fit the longest A-arms and axle shafts possible is the use of special 11-inch-diameter rear wheels (larger than competitive designs). The larger-diameter wheels allow the knuckles and hubs to reach farther into the wheel cavity, which effectively extends the A-arms and axle shafts to the perimeter of the 700XX's track width. To maintain strength and light weight, the thickness of the rear-wheel wall varies as it extends from the center plate to the outer ring of the wheel—another Honda ATV first. And here's another: the fitment of replaceable rim scrapers to remove mud and debris from rear wheels, a feature pioneered on Honda's popular Foreman and Rincon series.
    Trust me, a wheel size will not change the angle of the a-arms. I race a Outlaw IRS and have both 9" and 10" wheels and no matter what wheel I put on, the a-arm angle is still the same. The reason Honda went with the 11" is so the can put a deeper dish wheel on so it won't hit the a-arms and keep the rear at a reasonable width. If they kept the same backspacing of the 11" wheel and used a 10" wheel, it would hit the a-arms. That's why the 10" ITP rims for the XX are a +1 over stock. All Honda did in there add is put a bunch of big words to make it sound good. You just need to read between the BS.

Look at the differences between the 700xx and the Outlaw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now the 700xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast