Thread: King quad stuck in 4x4

King quad stuck in 4x4

I just got a king quad 700 2007 and I rode it for about 5 hours the other day and at the end of the day all the sudden it would not come out of 4 wheel drive. Also the diff will not lock now, it just flashes. The button is functioning and I pulled it apart and its clean so its not gummed up. Anyone ever experience this and know how to fix it. I want to race it but dont plan on running in 4 wheel drive the whole time.
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50

Thanks to my 2008 Sponsors

SPIDER GRIPS, Six Six One, Four ATV Gear, Dubach Racing, Hiper-Technology, IMS Products, CYCRA Racing, ASV

I never had a problem with it sticking for that long. Once in awhile it will stay in 4x4 for about 10 seconds or so after I push the bottom to go back into 2 wheel drive, but other than that mine works pretty good. Try turning it on and off a couple times (letting it cycle through the startup) and you could also try shifting to low or high and then back to neutral a couple times and see if that helps??
    2005 Suzuki King Quad 700

I have done that numerous times. You can try to lock the front diff and then unlock, in and out of 4x4 and changing gears, I am beginning to think an electrical connection down low my be filled with dirt or something along those lines...
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50

SPIDER GRIPS, Six Six One, Four ATV Gear, Dubach Racing, Hiper-Technology, IMS Products, CYCRA Racing, ASV

That would prboably your next best spot to check, good luck.
    2005 Suzuki King Quad 700

Loosen the bolts that mount the front diff and just kinda tap it. Somtimes they bind up a bit. Then tightened it back down
    V-Twin King Quad

Thanks for the tips. I was riding in my yard yesterday and looked down and it just came out on its own. Not really sure what or why it happened but its all good now.
    YFZ 450
    Kasea Skyhawk 50