Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil question

oil question

i live in south fl. normal temp 89 i been using mobile syn.10w30 is this good or bad my 400ex never smokes

thats bad. 10w-30 is too low for florida riding, at least switch to 10w-40. I ride hard for a long time so i switched to 20w-50 and then 15w-50 synthetic to run even cooler and smoother.

Speaking of oil, what would yopu recommend since I live in NJ and we normally see summer temps around 85F or so?

do you have any mods to make it run hotter?

just a high comp. piston hot cam fmf header and e-series slip on.

how high compression is it?

so which do you recommend 20 50 or 15 50....ive been running cheap oil because mine burns it as fast as i put it in...it smokes like crazy so it is time for a rebuild and want to run the right stuff in it from now on...i run mobil one fun syth. in my 900rr and it does great...
    01 416ex
    stage 2 hot cam
    hmf full exhaust
    13/35 gearing
    maxxis razar 2 (dont recommend unless u want big *** tires)
    lowered front and rear
    itp baja wheels
    wiseco piston
    gt thunder hd studs
    next is port and polished(any company suggestion would be great)

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

"Suckin Gas and Haulin @ss" "It ain't fast without mixed gas" "The different between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits"

well the 20w-50 was not synthetic and the 15w-50 is mobil 1 synthetic so its the best stuff. If your burning a lot of oil just run 20w-50 maybe because its thicker it wont burn it as much idk.

im running 20 50 now and it is smoking worse than it was b4....b4 i was running 10 30 or whatever was lying around bc it smoked anyways...then went riding alday and it starting smoking worse when i got home...now it is a cloud behind me as i ride...i think the rings are shot...what do you think
    01 416ex
    stage 2 hot cam
    hmf full exhaust
    13/35 gearing
    maxxis razar 2 (dont recommend unless u want big *** tires)
    lowered front and rear
    itp baja wheels
    wiseco piston
    gt thunder hd studs
    next is port and polished(any company suggestion would be great)

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

"Suckin Gas and Haulin @ss" "It ain't fast without mixed gas" "The different between genius and stupidity, is that genius has it's limits"

what color is the smoke?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast