Thread: mojave reverse problem

mojave reverse problem

Can someone help me figure out what's going on here.....

Here is the deal....I've got a mojave that I bought for the wife to use. When I bought it, I noticed two things...an oil leak and a missing reverse cable/switch. Well, after getting it home, I realized that oil leak was from the reverse mechanism cover. I also realized that it goes straight into reverse from first gear while rolling foreward! So, I pulled the cover off to take a look and the attached picture shows what I found. Obviously there are some missing parts! Does anyone know what's going on here and what the previous owner did to it? It does run and go into all gears, but I'd either like to at least disable the reverse or fix it the right way if not to costly.....

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Go talk to Greg over at www.cycleworksracing.net He is the Mojave guru!
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.

I just got off the phone with him. It looks like the shift drum got broken off somehow as it is supposed to protrude past the case and through the cover. It isn't an easy fix. I guess I'll plug the hole and hopefully keep it out of reverse until I can deal with it.