Thread: Where to find LSR Replacement Ball Joints

Where to find LSR Replacement Ball Joints

Looking for some replacement ball joints for my Lone Star a-arms. Now I have heard that the VW Transporter, a 79 Ford courier, and the late model mazda pickup truck tie rod ends will work with the Lone Star a-arms. Is that correct and if so which ones are the better ones to use? And will the tapper of the ball joint on any of those fit a Honda 400ex spindle without reiming? Or do you guys know of a place were I could get some ball joints at a good price?

Not trying to state the obvious, but have you tried calling Lonestar?
    04' TRX450: SOLD August 2006 QOTM
    04' GSXR600: Two Bros.
    08' TRX450ER: SOLD - JB/AXIS Race Bike - September 2009 QOTM

Thanks to Norris @ Quinn Motorsports, Lincoln Cycle & ATV and Wiigstyle Racing.

if they are the old style i have a part number if you need it just got to a autoparts store there like 15-20$ a piece
    -SOLD-
    Suzuki LTR450
    Rossier
    DWT
    Quad Tech
    Maxxis
    Pro Design
    Laeger
    Motowoz
    Yanna Racing #168
    wanting to win doesnt make a winner,hating to lose makes a winner

Originally posted by HiperEX
    if they are the old style i have a part number if you need it just got to a autoparts store there like 15-20$ a piece
    Ya if you have a part # that would help out alot. Thanks

Originally posted by jt29
    Ya if you have a part # that would help out alot. Thanks
    Moog ES2074R. Moog has many suppliers for this paticular tie rod end so you should make sure it is the tie rod end that comes with the grease boot and hardware in a bag seperate from the ball joint. The ones that come with the boot already on might not have enough misalignment.
    Or you could call Ricky Stator and order his ball joints which are the same.
    Or call Lonestar like fandl450r said.
    If you're going to get the Moog you will need to tell them that it's for a 80-82 Mazda B2000. I believe the Volks tie rod end is 14mm and not 16mm like the Mazda.

Originally posted by TBD
    Moog ES2074R. Moog has many suppliers for this paticular tie rod end so you should make sure it is the tie rod end that comes with the grease boot and hardware in a bag seperate from the ball joint. The ones that come with the boot already on might not have enough misalignment.
    Or you could call Ricky Stator and order his ball joints which are the same.
    Or call Lonestar like fandl450r said.
    If you're going to get the Moog you will need to tell them that it's for a 80-82 Mazda B2000. I believe the Volks tie rod end is 14mm and not 16mm like the Mazda.
    Since I work in a parts store, I have access to the Moog spec book and the best replacement for Lonestar arms is ES3045RL. This is the tie rod for an 89-98 Geo Tracker. Plus with Moog starting to cut back on old stock, parts for an 80-82 Mazda are really no longer in demand so the ES2074R may not be around very long.
    "Everything's a good idea when you're drinkin'"
    "Without rules, we'd all be livin' in trees, flingin' our crap at each other" - a very wise man
    2003 Lonestar 250R
    2001 Lonestar 250R
    1986 250R restored to new
    1986 250R still in pieces
    2007 TRX450R
    2004 TRX450R
    1999 CR250
    1999 CR500
    1996 CR250
    and many more

1999 Banshee "NEW TO ME"

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...razyavatar.gif