Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold Weather Gear?

Cold Weather Gear?

Anyone with good sense would probably put their quad away for the Winter but me and my Homies are gonna keep on riding through the Winter. Last week I froze my NUTS OFF basically because I had the wrong clothing (Jeans & jacket) on, plus my feet got wet trying to lift this EX out of a mudhole with some Timberlands on.. Question: What gear is appropriate for extreme weather like what we're seeing here in MD? What gloves, boots, etc.?
    '99 Red 400 EX

Sparks X-6 Pipe
    Keihin FCR 39MM Carb
    Turf Tamers
    '03 Factory Effex Graphics

Coming Soon: Baldwin 440 Motor

companys make gear that is the same as there regular gear but made for winter. might wanna try that

clothes that snow ski'ers wear work well

heack, your not nutz for not putting away your quad.. heack i ride mine more in the winter then i do in the summer( not really but you get it) i wear ....
    1)winter jacket with 2 sweatshirts under(wind goes through zipper and when being pulled on sled)
    2)a mask to protect face and head(pretty much winter hat with maskk under helmate i have or the mask w/ 2 eye holes)
    3) snow pant with sweat pants or jeans underneath(thermal underwear if really cold and going to be out for long time)
    4)winter boots(rubber perferably) with atleast 2 pairs of socks(whool do well here)
    5) winter gloves with thoes black gay liner thing underneath(glover perferably waterproof)

you wear what i just told you and you will be a warm fella. warm is usually more fun!
    T.J.

250EX FOR SALE... IT HAS THE FOLLOWING:
    pc t-4 slipon
    k&n air filter
    RAZR REARS!!!! 22-11-9
    moose bars
    new stock plastic
    DG alloy nerfs w/ black nets
    bunch of stickers
    PM me!

Good idea Jerry. 250 exen, Thanks for the info. I guess I had a brain fart thinking that guys put these things away for the Winter. I'm so used to the Streetbike where around November it's time to drain the tank!
    '99 Red 400 EX

Sparks X-6 Pipe
    Keihin FCR 39MM Carb
    Turf Tamers
    '03 Factory Effex Graphics

Coming Soon: Baldwin 440 Motor

When it's real cold I just wear a pair of coveralls.
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

carthart insulated bibs
    fo hundred with stuff on it
    Sponsored by: Motoman440 and K2-Dawg
    Thanks for the help Pappy!
    "I have morals and feelings like everyone else, I just keep forgetting them."

Check out the Snowmobile gear suppliers. Chapparral, Dennis Kirk and a few other places supply the sled guys with killer winter gear. They basically wear the same type of stuff ATVers ride except its geared for cold weather. One thing that would make a big difference is get a full face helmet and something to keep your neck warm. If you dont want to spend that kind of cash at least make sure the vents on your helmet are closed! hehe
    '86 trx350r- fully custom, more than you can imagine
    For Sale or trade for 600+cc street bike:
    "Casper": '86 Suzuki LT250R, 600cc Kawasaki ninja 4 cyl motor-12,000rpm screamer
    '98 Banshee 370- extremely ported by Packard/Ripps

I wear carhart in the cold here, carhart isnt the most fashonable but it sure does keep you warm

MSR Cold Pro gloves, handguards on your bars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast