Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Raptor color (SWEET)!!!

Thumbs up New Raptor color (SWEET)!!!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/products...iid=1450&top=0

The new Raptor that will be released March 2002. I am trading in my Banshee the first day my dealer gets the new Raptor!!

I would not get a black one. Black shows all the scratchs. I have scratchs all over my black side panels and I`ve ridden in the woods twice.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

yea, thats one of the awesomest lookin quads ive ever seen, but its probably only good for show. the black SUCKS! scratches make it look WAY worse than maier!

Thats probably why it is limited edition. It looks good for show but thatd be all the color is good for.
    2000 Honda 416EX - Sold

1988 Chevrolet Silverado
    5.7L V8 SCSB
    Too much to list and still too much to do.

2002 Stingray 180LS
    3.0L Mercruiser 135 w/ AlphaOne Outdrive

Yeah that is awesome. Even though its a CRAPTOR. Just kidding yamaguys, :blah
    Clay Rhye #417
    Sponsored By: Taylors Tuning [(270)-797-2444]

86' 265R (Gone, but not forgotten)

My Photo Albums
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/crhye250r

Yeah black and white are one of the best looking colors out there but are the worst for scratches.. And yes they probly only going to make so many of the limited edition ones... Its probly just going to cost more for something that your going to scratch up the first week..

RIDE HONDA !!!!!!!!!
    400ex
    k&n filter
    ac nerfs
    renthal grips
    14t front

Yahoo: bsr500

Originally posted by WarriorMan
    I would not get a black one. Black shows all the scratchs. I have scratchs all over my black side panels and I`ve ridden in the woods twice.
    i say this time and time again.the only reason why the side panels look like crap so fast isn't all because they are black it is because of the constant friction on them from your legs.yes black does show scratches more than any other color but i think you would get about average life out of a full set of them reguardless of color.1/2 of the 300ex plastic is black and i really don't hear anyone complaining as much as i do 400ex owners complaining about the side panels.you said your panels are scratched from 2 rides through the woods?well if the side panels are scratched from the woods i'd hate to see how bad the rest of the plastic looks my friend had a 300ex with 1/2 black plastic and put 2 very harsh years on it and the front(black)section of the plastic didn't look much worse than the red

Good point Crday98. All of my plastic is really scratched from riding in the woods. I knew it would happen, but I didn`t think it would happen in the first two weeks of having it.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

ive seen a raptor with all red plastic before it was pretty pimped out...
    400ex with +3 herrmann LT a-arms PEP zps LT shocks pep revalved rear +1 1/4 herrmann swingarm +1 antivibe herrmann stem, tag fat bars +4 lonestar axle braided brake lines front and rear pep stabilizer 426 kit JE 11 high compression piston, port and polish hotcams stage 2 cam & hardened rockers Hinson 8 plate clutch basket
    Barnett carbon fiber clutch plates Fly E-Z pull clutch and perch Pro Motion Clutch cables White Brothers unlimited rev limiter
    AC racing pro peg nerfs Pro Design kill switch White Brothers E- Series slip-on K&N air filter, K&N stage 1 jet kit Sunstar 14/37 Pro Pesign power shifter 18-11-8 cut turf tamers Mx on Douglas Beadlocks with OMF red rings
    front 19 inch holeshot mx race cut plastics LRD brake block off aim screen name... andweeeeeeeeeee3

about the black plastic thing, i actually think that the black by my legs is WAY less scratched then my front fenders, black too, legs kinda protect it..................but then again, most of my scratches are from the ground........
    kc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast