Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing talk 101

Arrow Fishing talk 101

so how has everyones season been going?, in a few short months it will be over

i have to say my catch of the season was a 19'' rainbow trout, (pretty big for PA)

other than that i can honestly say this has been my best season by far. this month alone i have caught gar, drum, trout, cat fish, wallie, sauger, all out of the same area!

so share this years stories with us,
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

400EX frame up build in the future.

This season was bad luck for me. I brought a Shimano Spirex 2500re for 70 bucks. Brought an Ugly Stick, broke that, lost a bunch of Repalas and other lures. Brought a Berkly Lighting Rod which my friend decided to closed my tailgate with the tip of the pole in it. The fishing wasn't so great. Last year was amazing.This year I caught no trout, but some nice bass and I caught my first cat fish last weekend.
    Bikeless.

sorry to hear about your luck, congrats on the cat fish, i caught one this afternoon actually, about 2 foot, man there nothing like fighting in a big ole catty

bass are always fun too, i caught my first large mouth inabout 3 years today

how big was your catfish?
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

ive had THEE worst season in a while......
    WKC powersports
    One
    No-Toil
    Spider-Graphics
    Parks Motorsports

jeeze, somebody had to have a good season

at least our fishing season has been good to us, cuse most of our deer died off last year
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
    sorry to hear about your luck, congrats on the cat fish, i caught one this afternoon actually, about 2 foot, man there nothing like fighting in a big ole catty

bass are always fun too, i caught my first large mouth inabout 3 years today

how big was your catfish?
    Huge! I was fishing off the shore of a huge lake. First time I ever fished there. I was catching little small mouths for a while then I cast out and I thought I was stuck on a rock. Then BAM! My line goes out like a ****er. She was about two and a half feet to three feet long. Huge cat fish! How are you suppose to grab its mouth to get the hook out? Carefully?
    Bikeless.

DAMN, thats awsome man

its not really there mouths you have to worry about, its the spike on there back, but yea be carefull with them things..

i had a gar latch on my finger today, lol,
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

Originally posted by honda300EXtreme
    DAMN, thats awsome man

its not really there mouths you have to worry about, its the spike on there back, but yea be carefull with them things..

i had a gar latch on my finger today, lol,
    Ouch! My friend and his father was tellin me that their whiskers on the lower jaw will sting you if you touch them. I was like what in the hell!
    Bikeless.

im no fish expert by any means just an avid fishermen, ive never been stung by a wisker

hell with the costs of fishing licenses these days, they should still be stocking trout
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

Originally posted by ZeroLogic
    Ouch! My friend and his father was tellin me that their whiskers on the lower jaw will sting you if you touch them. I was like what in the hell!
    It's not the whiskers that get ya, it's their top and side fins. If you feel em, they have a barb/sharp bone in the front of them. I got caught on them twice this year and man they get ya good!

My two biggest cats this year were 15 and 13 pounds. They put up a hell of a fight.
    Steve George #520

2007 Suzuki LTR 450 XC modded

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast