Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Remove your Bearing Carrier

now what am i doing wrong when i turn the big nut the sleve and eveything turns did i do something wrong or is it ok i have the jam nut turned all the way in towards the carrier
    97 300ex for sale
    2000 trx 90 mini sold
    and soon to come 400ex or 450r!

well if you have the big nut all the way twords the carrier, you should see the clip on the axle, take it off, then the axle lock nut assy. will slide off, letting you get at the rest of your crap.. read this thread from the first post on page one... if that doesnt help maybe you should pay someone else to do it man... not to be ignorant but this is simple **it.... this thread explains step by step with pictures how to do this job.. it doesnt get much simpler than that man...
    2004 predator 500 TLD, full trinity stage IV, k+n drop in, 170 main, stock pilot

1986 honda big red 250es, dg slip on, k+n, jetted, 25" ITP mudlites

i finally got it last night i knew what i was doing its just it was so tight that i thought i was doing something wrong but thanks all i have to do now is get the bearings out of it and get it ready for new ones
    97 300ex for sale
    2000 trx 90 mini sold

good luck getting those bearings out... when it was time to do mine, i found a whole billet carrier with twin row bearings on ebay for like 80bucks.. cant go wrong there, not having to screw with those bearings, i can see how they'd be a pain to get out... but id check ebay, i think the guy makes em.. you cant find an aftermarket billet carrier that cheap anywhere specially with twin rows in it..
    2004 predator 500 TLD, full trinity stage IV, k+n drop in, 170 main, stock pilot

1986 honda big red 250es, dg slip on, k+n, jetted, 25" ITP mudlites

What size wrench fits those nuts? Other than a pipe wrench....
    2002 CBR 954RR
    2006 400EX & 2007 250EX Burned in Housefire 27 May 08

2005 450R
    Works Black Widow Front Shocks / Fox Rear Shock / Hiper CF1 Rims / Galfer Braided Brake Lines
    White Laker Plastics with PowerMadd Handguards / Custom Spiked Industries Graphics
    Venom 480 Big Bore Kit /14.25:1 CP Piston / Venom Ported Head, KW Valves & Springs
    HRC Cam & Honda Clutch w/CR500 Springs / Quadtech Seat Cover
    Sparks Big Core Pipe / Dynateck CDI module / Fuel Customs Intake w/K&N filter
    Flexx Handlebars & ASV Levers / Armadillo Full Skids / Hermann +1 A-arms
    Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars / Kill Switch / Pro Race Grab Bar / Dominator Bumper

Lots of BKPerformance Powdercoating

Bump!
    2002 CBR 954RR
    2006 400EX & 2007 250EX Burned in Housefire 27 May 08

2005 450R
    Works Black Widow Front Shocks / Fox Rear Shock / Hiper CF1 Rims / Galfer Braided Brake Lines
    White Laker Plastics with PowerMadd Handguards / Custom Spiked Industries Graphics
    Venom 480 Big Bore Kit /14.25:1 CP Piston / Venom Ported Head, KW Valves & Springs
    HRC Cam & Honda Clutch w/CR500 Springs / Quadtech Seat Cover
    Sparks Big Core Pipe / Dynateck CDI module / Fuel Customs Intake w/K&N filter
    Flexx Handlebars & ASV Levers / Armadillo Full Skids / Hermann +1 A-arms
    Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerf Bars / Kill Switch / Pro Race Grab Bar / Dominator Bumper

Lots of BKPerformance Powdercoating

Little Springs?

Hello I was wondering if someone could tell me what the tiny springs are all around the inside of the axle carrier on the chain adjuster side. I just burnt the other seal and pried it off but when i did the same to the other side i could see the springs inside the seal.

Thanks
    2007 300EX
    BIG GUN COMPLETE SYSTEM
    K AND N AIR FILTER
    PRO TAPER COUNTOUR BARS
    SCOTT GRIPS

my guess would be that its part of the bearings when i did mine the left side was smashed and there was alot of little stuff like that inside the carrier so i just ripped out everything and cleaned it real good and put the new bearings in
    97 300ex for sale
    2000 trx 90 mini sold

Re: Little Springs?

Originally posted by 07300EX
    Hello I was wondering if someone could tell me what the tiny springs are all around the inside of the axle carrier on the chain adjuster side. I just burnt the other seal and pried it off but when i did the same to the other side i could see the springs inside the seal.

Thanks
    It used to be one long spring... it's part of the seal.. I believe it keeps pressure on the seal so it actually seals against the shaft
    00' 440EX * stg 2 cam * White Bro's rev box * T-4 Slip on * Hole Shots * DG Nerfs

Project NIGHTMARE

My quad's so black it could run for president !

Great tut . I just bought and installed a new RAD carrier with a Zerk fitting. ive been reading and reading and even asking people about greasing it and i seem to find mixed answers...how much grease am i supposed to pump into the new carrier? a few ppl said till u see grease squeezing out of the sides...others have said squeeze till u feel pressure build up then stop, otherwise itll blow the walls of the bearings and or blow the seals...so how do i know if i have enough or not? so far i pumped till i felt pressure and heard a little air being released out the side (sounded like air and a lil grease...the squishy sound. hopefully it wasnt too much and i didnt blow anything). i ran it and it ran good, but i want to make sure on this....and how often should i be greasing it? again i heard if u over grease it im gonna blow a seal or the bearing wall?? thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast