Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How To Remove your Bearing Carrier

400ex

Ok i have jest put in a new bearing case on my 2001 Honda 400ex and i was wandering, i don't have a rear break but i have the brake disk and hub will it affect my bearing any at all. i know i need the hub to seal the case but is the break mount also suppose to keep the case from moving?

Rear axle removel

I am trying to removel axle on my 2001 400ex to replace shot bearings and carrier took c-clip out and both nuts off, but the threaded part on brake hub will not come out I have tried beating on end of axle and wont move. I just bout this quad looks like has never been removed real lack of maintance by previous owner. Any suggestions on how to remove this axle.

Re: Rear axle removel

Originally posted by rlbuhsjr
    I am trying to removel axle on my 2001 400ex to replace shot bearings and carrier took c-clip out and both nuts off, but the threaded part on brake hub will not come out I have tried beating on end of axle and wont move. I just bout this quad looks like has never been removed real lack of maintance by previous owner. Any suggestions on how to remove this axle.
    Can you attach a pic?
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

I have successfully changed my carrier from a completely shot stock carrier to a nice new shiny greasable Gibson twin row. Woot!!

Thanks a million for the tutorial as it really made it way easier for me and saved me the $130 the local shop wanted for the labor.

Dave

hey thanks alot for showing man needed this cuz i miss my baby shes paralized right now rear bearings went out
    Blacklabelsociety117

fire it up!!!!

1. 05 honda 400ex
    2. white bros slip on
    3. pro armor nerf bars
    4. k&n air filter and a outer wear cover
    more to come.....

What keeps the threaded sleeve from just turning around when you try to back off the large nut. Does it have splines or something on the inside that fit on the axle?

yea the threaded piece that the 2 nuts are on is splined onto the axle
    2002 416ex- White Bros slip on, hot cam, Dg nerfs, Renthal bars, Aluminum airbox with K&N filter

Bearing carrier

I got the point of removing the axle. When I hit it with the mallet the bearing carrier came out with the axle. Or I should say part of the bearing carrier came out. It was broke on the inside of the swing arm. So when the axle came out part of the carrier came out. Now I can not get the remaining part of the carrier off the axle.
    Is the spacer that is on the inside of the carrier a press fit to the axle???? Because it does not want to come off the axle.

Any ideas anyone??

Exclamation stuck

I'm trying to replace the rear axle bearings in my 2003 400ex, after a ***** of a time trying to loosen the axle nuts, I got them of and now I can't remove the rest rotor bracket cause the threaded axle section the axle nuts go on won't budge, I've watched YouTube vids and.it seems like it slides right off but mine will not, I've used wd40, liquid wrench, and pb blaster, any suggestions or tips?
    Screw driver is on the part in question

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    The clip can be removed with the flatblade screwdriver by applying some pressure to remove it from it's groove in the axle
    Can you suggest us any specific model for that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234