Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO SPARK whats wrong

NO SPARK whats wrong

Well i found out that my spark plug dosent have any spark. Bought new plug. It is winter now and i never a problam with it in the summer. A week or two ago i went rideing and it wouldnt start. SO i pulled the plug and no spark. Then suddenly after i kicked it over a few more time is sparked. So i put in back in fired right up for a few minutes then died again. Waited awhile then it started up again. Went riding and it died on me about 3 times. I kept starting it up after it dies a few minutes. Then finnally it kept running. It was like when it was cold it kept killing but once it warmed up it didnt do it anymore. So today i was going to spin around on it alittle and it wouldnt start. It was colder today then the other day i went riding. So i went out there kicked it over a few times and nothing. Pulled the plug no spark.

SO what it seems like is the cold is affecting it. What is wrong with it. Im thinking the coil is going bad or something. Ohh by the way i got a 1987 250X
    1987 250X

Holeshot XC Up Front
    20" Shredders In Back
    Uni Air Filter
    White Brothers Slip On
    135 Main
    38 Pilot

Its old, it could have a million problems . It could possible be your coil. Look in side the boot of the spark plug and check if their is any resido or whatever could get in there. My friend had a similar problem to this.

*Not a Mechanic*
    08 YFZ450- Pro- Amor Skid Plates/Nerfs, AC Bumper, Maxxis Razr II's, Cam Mod, Spark Arrestor Removed, Boyesen Quickshot plate, Uni Filter.
    96 Arctic Cat EXT580
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RPDXC

might want to check your cdi box also. temperature may be affecting and when the motor warms up.. engine heat may affect it. also your coil could be going bad.
    2002 Cannondale Cannibal 450
    2000 300ex
    1999 Recon

Sounds exactly like your cdi box. I'm about 90% sure. Thats the typical way they go out.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

i would check you coil first. Check the wire. Pull the cap off..and cut like 1/8" off and see if it's green. keep cutting away until it's not green. If it's green far up the wire then i would get a new coil. Mine went bad on my 250x..if you want more help..pm me.
    Loud and proud! Friends don't let friends drive stock.
    1995 300ex Lrd exhaust, K&n air filter, drilled air box lid, holeshots all around, geared down. Jet kit. six pack rack, DG nerf bars. More to come...
    1987 250r...enough said...sold but will not be forgotten...

If its heat affecting it then it could be the cdi box. It happened to my friends kodiak. before I was talking about another story. My friends kodiak used to warm up, be able to ride for a second and then it would bog down and just shut down.
    08 YFZ450- Pro- Amor Skid Plates/Nerfs, AC Bumper, Maxxis Razr II's, Cam Mod, Spark Arrestor Removed, Boyesen Quickshot plate, Uni Filter.
    96 Arctic Cat EXT580
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RPDXC

Someone is selling a new 250x CDI box in the 'For Sale' section.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=36082
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Ya man it can be alot of things,I had this problem and i got a new CDI and it started,could be the coil,a wire shortening

check the cdi

A great way to check your cdi is if you got a friend with the same quad as you. At the nationals when our bikes are running ****ty we always do everything we can think of and thats one of them is to switch cdi's with a buddy to see if thats the problem.
    If you never push yourself and your machine...... How are you going to keep up those those who are?
    Ride hard, break sh*t and get the podium chicks!

In memory of my hero and my friend Matt Bartosek #88

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast