Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 250r frame reinforcement?!?!?!

Originally posted by crhye250r
    Read my signature guys. I have an AXIS rear. My works fronts are soon to be Legacy Rhino Racing shocks. I dont need new shocks. I wish i could get a frame, but reinforcements are on the list, not a frame. Dont have $2300 to spare. Any help? Yes im racing pretty hard.
    i was refering to the original post that said he cant spend thousands on a new frame, get axis fronts

rocky ridge racing in kentucky will reinforce it, powder coat it and finds ways to ship it cheaply

Awesome, i live in KY. HOw can i get ahold of them?
    Clay Rhye #417
    Sponsored By: Taylors Tuning [(270)-797-2444]

86' 265R (Gone, but not forgotten)

My Photo Albums
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/crhye250r

you'll have to ask around the board cause i lost the number

i have works TR's in the front and an ohlins in the rear.

warriorman- I said i cant spend much and what do you advise? AXIS and an aftermarket frame are COMPLETELY out of the question!!!!!!!!! Im saving for my 2003 cannondale so i can put elka's on it. im gona be ridin for a year on my R so i need to either get it reinforced or keep puttin it in the welding shop for repairs (where it is now). I heard rocky ridge does really crappie work, like one time they forgot to paint the whole bottom of someone frames and RR didnt even care

why oh why do you want a canondale , do you know how frikin awesome the r could be with a little extra push (lets say 7 thousand, or are you gettint the canond mx?) but anyway id just get it welded up real good, cant the welding shop just rienforce it where its breaking?

I didn`t tell you to get a Frame and Axis shocks. I was talking to Crhye250r.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

yea, they can fix it, but the Cannondale are fricken AWESOME!!! SOOOO fast and QUICK!!! i dont have $12,450 to get a MOTO440 so im gonna ge ta cannibal and get elka or axis (maybe pep) shocks, WALSH RACECRAFT a-arms, dura blue x-33 axle and all kinds of other stuff to make it way better than a moto! My R could be SOOOO awesome and i luv 2-strokes, but its just cannondale ya know! i'm still thinkin about striping down my R and putting $3000 into it and SLAUGHTER EVERYTHING in sight (on the track)! My R is already awesome it just needs a good rebuild and a ESR 265 motor. im just dont know which i should do. but anyway my 250 is getting welded and reinfored at the right footpeg now.

do you know how professional welds hold up to hard abuse? i have to do something about my frame because its broke through in 3 places, im def. getting new shocks, but i hope i dont need a new frame(the only advantage to that is i get to get it powdercoated and all that). seriously, why buy a c-dale for 7 and then dump another 5 in it? 250rs have smoked cdales at every race ive seen , one canondale was halfway up this nasty hill when it died, we couldnt get it started so me and a bunch of other guys had to push and pull it all the way up the hill and then it wouldnt start for the rest of the race. its your money , but if i could do it all over again i would have paid the same 6k i had on a 400 .on a 250 and had one BEAST.plus ive aleady spent 2 1/2k on mine and the end is knowhere in site(moding is the fun part but still

I'm not gonna buy the cannondale for 7k, im selling my 250 for 5k so it'll be 2k, plus 3k-4k in accessories. But the old c-dales SUCKED! and they had many problems with them! 2002's are a different sorry and are awesome. the 2003's should be even better, but my decision isnt final. If you want my 250 i'll sell it to ya! If i rebuild the whole thing it'll take me about 4-6 months and i dont wana do that. i'd spend abut 4k-5k to do it too! So both whould be equal in price. And professional welds wont hold up at all, unless you reinforce the place it cracked or broke.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast