Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 250r frame reinforcement?!?!?!

250r frame reinforcement?!?!?!

OK, I have an 86 R and i race MX. I need the frame to be stronger but i cant spend thousands on a whole new frame! I want to get my frame reinforced and powdercoated! Has anyone had this done? I want a professional to do it, not a friend's, dad's, best friend's, cousin who is basicaly an amaturewith SOME welding knowledge. ya know what i mean! I'm gona be doing some hardcore racing and dont want all the gussets coming off, not working, and breaking. Cuz hardly anyone knows where exactly to reinforce the frame. theres like 10-20 different places! So ANYONE with ANY info PLEASE let me know!!

Call Duncan racing. I think they will do it for you.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Well, i dont know about the reinforcing, but Universal Plating did my powedercoating and i love it. They do all of Dirtwheels powdercoating as well. (See 330EX test).
    Clay Rhye #417
    Sponsored By: Taylors Tuning [(270)-797-2444]

86' 265R (Gone, but not forgotten)

My Photo Albums
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/crhye250r

I wana get it done all at the same place because i dont wana wait a long time to ride, ya know! But thanx anyway!

Well my frame cracked today and i broke my motor mounts. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Clay Rhye #417

My Photo Albums

your racin hard core? just get new shocks and you wont have a prob

Sounds like it`s time for a Laeger Frame. You might want to check into some PEP or Axis shocks also.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

if he cant spend thousands on a frame then i dont think axis and laegars will be on the list

Read my signature guys. I have an AXIS rear. My works fronts are soon to be Legacy Rhino Racing shocks. I dont need new shocks. I wish i could get a frame, but reinforcements are on the list, not a frame. Dont have $2300 to spare. Any help? Yes im racing pretty hard.
    Clay Rhye #417

My Photo Albums

Why aren`t you getting Axis fronts? The only thing I can think of to do is, weld the stock frame, or get a aftermarket frame.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast