Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some parents should have to take lessons.

I took it as sarcastic. At least I hope it was.
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

I don't feel this is anything to joke at. If this person is serious then I hope he never comes face to face with any of us parents that really care about not only our own kids but all of the kids on the track.

Wow is all I have to say. Of course it was sarcastic, maybe the 3-year old thing should have tipped off some of you. At any rate, we shouldn't take everything so serious. Yes you're right, there are some little league parents out there in any sport, and I for one don't agree with their method either, however, I can just pray for that child and that parent. Unless there is some sort of physical action from the parent, it is none of my business how they are raising their kid. I don't have to agree, I just have to mind my own business. I care very deeply for all children, I just can't save every one of them, that's all. Besides, I look at it this way; it was something to make light of for me because I realize that for every kid whose dad takes him to a racetrack and spends time with him but yells at him for not doing well or being agressive enough, or whatever, there are a thousand kids out there whose dad is a crackhead or he puts out cigarettes on his body, or he beats him or her, or he prostitutes the kids mom. I mean, there are much worse fates than going to a racetrack every weekend and putting up with your drunk dad. That doesn't make it right, just put it into perspective.

That's just plain sad..... we have a guy like that in D5 he made his kid do push ups in the mud..... stand out in the rain while his fat a** sat in his truck nice and dry. I have never yelled at Kyle in six years of racing ..... I always tell him buddy your my favorite horse (and I point at him ) and he says if I never win a race.

Mike Kozura

And me and him work on everything together and he takes a lot of pride in what him and I build (together)

Kyle Kozura #5 / KMK Motorsports
    05' TRX450r Honda

450 B class ATVA

http://kylekozura.com

A very Special Thanks To :
    Root River Racing (Rich & Rod)
    Reimer Racing (Paul Reimer)
    ATV Fourplay (Tom)
    Hetrick Racing (Michelle & Rich)

And always in loving memory of Bubba Pap-Pap "Kizzy" and Grand-Pap Gene

Mike
    I love seeing the way you not only take Kyle to the track to race but you get him involved with the build and maintenance plus you let him have a hands on experience. You are teaching him great values and that it takes hard work to stay on the track.I am sure everytime Kyle looks at his bike it is with pride knowing that he helped with the build. Keep on with what you are doing Mike we need a lot more parents like you in this old world.
    #7 Christian Horne
    www.christianhorne7.com/

2008 ITP Moose Racing ATVA MX Series
    70 CVT CHAMPION

2012 AMA/ATVA MX Series
    450 C Class - Sozuki 450

Riding in Memory of Justin Brown

Thanks to our 2013 Sponsors
    Specialty Gold Promotions + Maximum RPM + 488 Web Design

Originally posted by quadnana7
    Mike
    I love seeing the way you not only take Kyle to the track to race but you get him involved with the build and maintenance plus you let him have a hands on experience. You are teaching him great values and that it takes hard work to stay on the track.I am sure everytime Kyle looks at his bike it is with pride knowing that he helped with the build. Keep on with what you are doing Mike we need a lot more parents like you in this old world.
    Thanks nana........ that means a lot coming from you. He's been hands on since the start of his racing. When we ran CVT he would do his own clutches and carb every Saturday before the D5 races on Sunday....I always felt that if he had his hands in it he'll have a lot more pride and respect for he machine. God forbid something would happen to me but if it did..... he knows every nut and bolt on it....... just get out of his way or go get him a 15mm...... lol. Now you made me get back into Photobucket...... lol.

Mike Kozura

Sorry that's enough................lol
    05' TRX450r Honda

450 B class ATVA

ATV Fourplay (Tom)

That is the way we are with both of our sons. It is hands on with all of the race prep and up keep. They love being in the shop working next to there dad.

Yea man it's cool stuff........ but now he has his own box and tools....he comes to me and says......hey where's my 15 deep-well... you had it last........ OK pal now you know how daddy felt when there was a socket missing on one of my rails...... he should really watch when he starts paying for them !!!! that's cool

Mike Kozura
    05' TRX450r Honda

450 B class ATVA

ATV Fourplay (Tom)

We do SOCCS and GNCCs and it just seems like 99.9% of the parents are there for some good family fun. I will say that some people were brought up different and learned different disciplines than most. The push up thing is what sparked my memory. We have a great parent that is totally there for his kids, but instead of time outs or butt whippins when the kids get out of hand, they do push-ups. To someone who doesn't know him, they may see the kids out there doing 50 reps and think he is a jerk, but I have actually picked up the policy here and there, and not only does it work better than a time out, the kids are getting into great shape....lol
    Humboldt Hills Racing Team;
    634 - Trenner Wile
    101 - Aubrey Wile
    925 - Tristan Garrett
    00 - Kamren Bobb
    21 - Wyatt Wilkin

www.humboldthills.com
    www.soccracing.com
    www.southernohioscoring.com
    www.southerohiooffroad.com

Originally posted by humboldt hills
    We do SOCCS and GNCCs and it just seems like 99.9% of the parents are there for some good family fun. I will say that some people were brought up different and learned different disciplines than most. The push up thing is what sparked my memory. We have a great parent that is totally there for his kids, but instead of time outs or butt whippins when the kids get out of hand, they do push-ups. To someone who doesn't know him, they may see the kids out there doing 50 reps and think he is a jerk, but I have actually picked up the policy here and there, and not only does it work better than a time out, the kids are getting into great shape....lol
    I've used pushups instead of time outs for years. But it's when they get out of hand. It's from a military and martial arts background. there have been tiimes when one acts and they both do push ups for not keeping each other in line.

On a side note when the Army Guard had them do push ups for shirts (not just give them away) last season (unidilla I think) they both did 40 perfect without breaking a sweat.
    It's all about the kids:
    http://www.drb3racing.com
    Dennis Baker Jr #193
    2008 AGP 90cc Modified (12-15) Champion
    2008 GNCC 90cc Modified (12-15) 6th Place
    2007 AGP 90cc Limited (11-15) Champion
    Darren Baker #602
    2007 AGP 90cc Modified (8-11) 3rd Place
    2009 Sponsors - Pompton Honda, Scott Goggles, Powermadd, Kenda, Hetrick Racing, Rath Racing, ATV Four Play, Spider Grips, Fasst Co, Lonestar Racing, HMF, and Hiper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast