Thread: reklusw/oiling problems

rekluse/oiling problems

hi guys, i broke my friction plates last month. when i did it twisted the oil filter. i replaced them well after doin a couple oil changes. i had to adjust the clutch and use one of the steel plates. well the clutch wasn't as wet as it could be and the oil filter twisted again. we put one factory steel plate in to get back witnin spec. well i just put 14 laps and of course well its doing what it did before i got it adjusted have to rev the crap out of it to move. i am wondering is there something going on with the lubrication system? hope someone can help me out here, so i can get back to my trainin for my 1st mx race since injury thanks.
    Retired ATV MXer turned wheelchair racer T-53 classification. Canadas first paraplegic to race motocross
    Twitter: @BenBrown191
    Facebook Fan Page: Ben Brown
    Sponsors: Challenged Athletes Foundation, Frasers Pro Home Center, Fundy Xpress Transport, MacDondald Chisolm Trask Insurance, Kentville Mazda,Northridge Farms/Plant It Earth Natural Lawn Care, Somerset Market, SUpplement King New Minas, Valley and Mirror and Winning Edge Sports

You have me a little confused when you say you took out your friction plates. You took out your friction plates and did what afterwards? Ride the bike w/o them , add new ones, go to the dirtbike setup, etc... After you adjusted the clutch you said you had to use one of the steel pates (confused here as well).
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

ok i'll edit it in a second..when i took out i mean broke them. i replaced them. ok in the manual for adjusting if it measurements out out of spec it says to add an original steel plate(rekluse ones are thinner)
    Retired ATV MXer turned wheelchair racer T-53 classification. Canadas first paraplegic to race motocross
    Sponsors: Challenged Athletes Foundation, Frasers Pro Home Center, Fundy Xpress Transport, MacDondald Chisolm Trask Insurance, Kentville Mazda,Northridge Farms/Plant It Earth Natural Lawn Care, Somerset Market, SUpplement King New Minas, Valley and Mirror and Winning Edge Sports

Does it mean add another one or replace a rekluse one with a stock one? Have you tried using all the stock ones in it? Rekluse is pretty exspensive and is supposed to be of good quality. I dont see why its doing that unless there is something else causing it..?

it says add another one..thats why my mechanic and i were thinking its getion a lack of il cause when we pulled it apart the last time theres been barely any getting there

Hmm, thats odd to say the least. Have you tried soaking the parts in the same engine oil you use overnight and possibly adding a little more oil to the engine itself when you put it back together??

yeah we soaked the clutch plates befoore we installed them...i am gonna check the screen for the oil tank

Yeah thats prolly a good place to start, check all your lines too.

well the screen was slightly clogged the tank was clogged and flushed. pulled the clutch apart well theres grooves in the basket and wear on the teeth of the fricition plates. from what rekluses site says the oem clutch damnpers are not servicable so when they go well it causes the basket to give a hammering effect.. end result for now need new friciton plates and basket. so glad i am sponsored by rekluse

my clutch is gettin reinstalled and there are grooves on the inner basket are they supposed to be there or would it cause my clutch to constantly slip