Thread: kill switch problems

Angry kill switch problems

i wired a two wire pro design kill switch we found in the garage before race time and wired it to the brown wire coming from the box that attaches to the handlebars that has the electric start button on it. then we grounded it. now anytime that i pull the kill switch it blows up the fuse. what did i do wrong?????
    2005 trx450-houser arms/PEP, 06 swinger, dc-6 linkage, lsr axle, protaper, houser stem, goldspeed wheels and tires, pro armor skids/nerfs/bumper,k&n, 43.5mm FCR, Kohashigawa Exhaust, +1 Ti Intake Valves, +2 Ti Exhaust Valves, CV4 Valve Springs, webcam, CT Racing Head, CB Seats, je 13.8:1, crf ignition, fluidyne radiator, hinson, asv, DID, Supersprox, ccp damper, Twist Throttle.

You need to attatch the killswitch wire to the coil wire (the small one) and the other to a ground.It sounds like you have it hooked to something it shouldn't be.

Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
    You need to attatch the killswitch wire to the coil wire (the small one) and the other to a ground.It sounds like you have it hooked to something it shouldn't be.

ok thank you but just so that i can make sure what color is the wire
    2005 trx450-houser arms/PEP, 06 swinger, dc-6 linkage, lsr axle, protaper, houser stem, goldspeed wheels and tires, pro armor skids/nerfs/bumper,k&n, 43.5mm FCR, Kohashigawa Exhaust, +1 Ti Intake Valves, +2 Ti Exhaust Valves, CV4 Valve Springs, webcam, CT Racing Head, CB Seats, je 13.8:1, crf ignition, fluidyne radiator, hinson, asv, DID, Supersprox, ccp damper, Twist Throttle.