41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 60.98%
  • No

16 39.02%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Decision

Hard Decision

I am thinking about selling my 08 ltr-450 but im not sure if i should do it so I am looking for suggestions on what you guys would do. I financed it through the bank and the payoff on it is i believe 5900 so if i could at least get 5000 I have the 900 to put with it and pay it off to get out of the payment and then i would have the title for the new owner. I am 16 and I am working my butt off to pay for it I have not got to race here lately because of other bills and it is just getting worse so here before long i wont have the money to race at all. So do you think I should just sell it to get out of the payment and buy a cheap dirtbike to mess around on and gradually save up the money for another fourwheeler for next season then it would be mine and no payments. I am not whining i love my fourwheeler and I am glad my dad financed it for me but I will be paying on it all the way through high school if I keep it and I wont get to enjoy my life as a teenager it will just be work all the time to pay for it. What do you think I could get out of my fourwheeler? Sorry about the pics I am in most of them lol sorry and it was very dusty these are from my first race ever which I got first place in both motos even got the holeshot in the first moto.

2008 ltr-450 se
    2000 400ex
    2005 polaris sportsman

you can definatley sell that and get a bike for $2500 or less that would be way faster than your quad. i think it is stupid to finance something this young. im 16 also, and as bad as i want to get a fast sportbike next year for like $7000, i know i wont have that much becuase i enjoy offroad more and my money goes into my quad and i also need a vehicle. i could finance a bike and have no problems making payments (i work about 70 hours a week) but its stupid because you will pay so much more than what its worth.

instead i could just put away $200 a month and it will grow from interest and in a couple years i will have enough for a really nice bike, without paying way more than what its worth. and sometimes when you have longer to think about it you change your mind and realize its a stupid idea. when you can finance something, you tend to make up your mind really quick and not think things over, knowing you can walk out with a brand new quad if you want to. if i was you i would have bought a cheaper quad first and made sure you'd be able to race and have enough time.

btw thats a nice LTR. id sell it and put some of the money in the bank, and buy a 450 bike. you can get CRF450s for as low as $2,000.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

Originally posted by jesseweaver
    you can get CRF450s for as low as $2,000.
    where?
    Trx 450R - BACK IN ACTION!!!

*2005 CRF450R*
    Pro-Action Suspension
    Pro-Circuit Ti-4 Full System
    Acerbis Hand Guards
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Hotrods Crank
    JE 12.5:1 Piston

2000 Mustang GT
    WAY too much to list, and still too slow

Originally posted by jesseweaver
    (i work about 70 hours a week)
    Hmmn... What're you calling work?

Zack I think you answered your
    own ? SELL IT and enjoy life while
    your young you can get a cheap dirt
    bike and can save $ and not have
    to work your butt off there will be
    plenty of time for work and bills
    goleta locals

Originally posted by redrocker

x2

Originally posted by redrocker
    I was given that same situation last year but I toughed it out and worked overtime to put the money down on my 07 LTR. Best decision of my life.

Weigh both your sides out first. Bike + Money > Quad?

Also add in that you're creating credit for yourself by paying that quad off, which is something that most people screw up on. Credit can go a longggg way these days.
    Steve George #520

2007 Suzuki LTR 450 XC modded

Originally posted by fastredrider44
    Hmmn... What're you calling work?
    39.5 hrs a week at the local Agway, so i dont get full time benefits. then 15 hrs a week at a chicken farm down the road from my house, then about 20 hrs a week at a truck shop down the road from my house that my friends dad owns. some late nights polishing wheels and washing and servicing trucks.

and a local shop just sold a 2002 CRF450R for $2,200 and it was really clean, all trail riding, good condition. i guess not really a lot down as low as $2,000, but you can get a nice bike for $2,500.

yz250f- $2,200 http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/729807529.html

crf450r $2,250 looks nice http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/731403514.html

thats just really quick finds on craigslist, if you look local and look around good, you'll find cheaper bikes.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt"

Well I love the ltr but I also hate the payment lol. If I sell the ltr for $5000 and then sell my 400ex for $2000 that gives me $7000. I could take $6000 of that and pay the ltr off through the bank. Then I would have $1000 plus add a little more with it for a bike. I wont be racing the dirtbike just for the mountains. I wont own a honda 4 stroke bike to many valve problems lol. Plus I want a 2-stroke that way its easy to work on and I can do all the work myself. I did rebuild my motor on my 400ex but its not as hard as a 250f or 450f. I know I will miss the ltr if i sell it but I am also working a lot to pay for it , buy gas for my truck, and race sometimes when i have the money.
    2008 ltr-450 se
    2000 400ex
    2005 polaris sportsman

Whats wrong with the yz250 in your sig? You wouldn't have to buy a dirt bike?
    '02 Banshee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast