Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro Taper SE bars

Pro Taper SE bars

I just joined the ranks of happy 400ex owners with my own '99. I'd like to replace the handlebars. I've seen mixed reviews on the Fly aluminum bars, so I've been looking at the Pro Taper SE bars. What bend on the Pro Tapers is closest or perhaps a fraction taller than stock?

Thanks!

Atv high bends, the most popular is CR HIGH. CR are straight bars, atv are slight bend in's. I just picked my bars for my new bike im getting, contour atv low. Perfect bend if you have an aftermarket stem +anything above OEM
    01 400ex mostly stock

05 CRF450R, I like R better than EX

Re: Pro Taper SE bars

Originally posted by Rkangel7
    I just joined the ranks of happy 400ex owners with my own '99. I'd like to replace the handlebars. I've seen mixed reviews on the Fly aluminum bars, so I've been looking at the Pro Taper SE bars. What bend on the Pro Tapers is closest or perhaps a fraction taller than stock?

Thanks!

Probably the medium bend, the high bend is taller than stock by a couple inches. But if you are a tall rider, the high bend is the way to go. That way you can comfortably hang back while standing. I love em.

Big on Drifting

these things are indestructible my buddy hit them so hard he knocked himself out with his helmet on and they just rolled down. we loosened the clamps and after he woke up he rode it home.

I was looking at getting the pro taper SE bars to but i know if i go ANY taller than stock the cables will be to short and im not spending anymore money than i have to. so the mid's will work with stock cables?

I just put Pro taper atv highs on a couple of hours ago on my ex.The stock cables work no problem,and theyre pretty comfortable for me at 5'11".

Originally posted by mat1977
    I just put Pro taper atv highs on a couple of hours ago on my ex.The stock cables work no problem,and theyre pretty comfortable for me at 5'11".
    Heres a pic if that helps,they are only 3/4" higher than stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found renthal banshee bends to be one of the best bars on the ex

Very comfortable, and good for all arond. sitting, standing, whatever.
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

Originally posted by mat1977
    Heres a pic if that helps,they are only 3/4" higher than stock.
    i have a older 2002 400ex though my cables are pretty tight. anyone running these bars on a older 400ex?

Originally posted by jeepthing07
    i have a older 2002 400ex though my cables are pretty tight. anyone running these bars on a older 400ex?
    I am also concerned about the cable length. Even stock my brake line seems pretty tight. How are people getting enough slack for taller bars?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast