Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 06 YFZ 450 motor upgrades

You only need one cam, the intake cam. Get a crower victory cam and retard the exhaust. And it IS a YAMAHA so reliabilty is already an issue. Don't go big bore for trail riding, you'll melt the piston to the cylinder, if you havent already noticed, they kinda get a little hot anyway. Less cylinder space equals less heat resistance wich equals meltdown. Go with a 13.1 piston, crower victory intake cam, retard the exhaust, FCI intake and a full exhaust..... better yet, don't get the 13.1 if your trail riding, race gas is too high to waste away. Maybe a 12.5 is what you need.

if your looking for good reliable power. a piston, headporting,hotcams will be all u need as far as inside the motor.
    05 450r
    houser
    longhorn
    ac racing
    works connections
    quadtech
    cp pistons
    cycle concepts head
    g force
    pc'd white frame

I have an 06 YFZ with the Cam Mod,Dr D Exaust,Lid Off,Fuel screw,Jetted,Power Now's,15 tooth front sproket, This quad gets the job done. I have only been beat by an 498ci LT-R. But Iam setting mine up for MX racing. I looking in to doing a 13.5 CP piston and +5 Web cams and value springs. I might do head work too. I want to upgrade my susp too to make it wider.

But all in all Iam very happy with my YFZ how it runs right now.
    06YFZ450SE

CT3 MOTORSPORTS
    www.virginiakrawlers.com
    Jimmy Hare #83
    MODS
    Cam Mod,Dr.D Exhaust,Jetted,Ncvq Needle,RedLine Fuel Screw,Power Now,Power Now Plus,Boyesen Acclerator Pump Cover,Lid Off,Pro DeSign Pro Flow K&N System,E Brake Block Off Plate,X Factor Monster Pro Peg Nerf Bars,Pro Armer Bullhorn Bumber,Dr.D Hour Meter,MSR Handle Bars,ProDesign Kill Switch With Pro Armer Mounting Kit,Armadillo A-Arm Guards,Armadillo Full Chassis Skid,15 Front Sprocket.Pro Armer Race Grab Bar.Maier Carbon Fiber Hood.18"Kenda Claw MX,20x6x10 ITP QuadCross.

Originally posted by hondarider11
    Does anyone else realize that this guy mentioned he had laegers +1 a arms and look at the front of the quad if it didnt have stock tires it would be scraping. Obviously this guy knows nothing about quads and thinks he can get 65hp out of his engine and keep it reliable. Another reason to back up my claim is that he had to of bought long travel a arms and is running stock shocks.
    Does this guy realize this is a Yamaha forum? I think anyone with a honda screenname that is giving people in a yamaha forum a hard time might be a few fruit loops short of a complete breakfast.....but thats just me Mabye not everyone can afford to spend 2 grand on shocks and a arms at the same time eh?.....oh and by the way if you ever grow some mabye you will go with the twist throttle like I have on my yfz!?!?

If you ever want to be humiliated on a quad/dirtbike or snowmobile PM me I live near syracuse

Originally posted by Thumper1220
    I think anyone with a honda screenname that is giving people in a yamaha forum a hard time might be a few fruit loops short of a complete breakfast.....but thats just me
    THATS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THINGS I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME!

oh, and i agree!

Ok well I'm not the idiot that is running stock shocks with long travel a arms. I come to this forum because a few of my friends have yamaha yfz450s and there is nothing they can say that I can't say about them because I have been around them a lot. Also with the whole twist throttle thing most people will agree they suck on quads and I have ridden dirtbikes for a lot longer then I have a quad so go ahead and think what you want about me buddy because you know nothing about me but I do know that you my friend are an idiot because you cannot tell the difference between long and standard travel.
    Unless you are jumping the thing or riding on trails meant for a 4x4....i think most people will agree there is nothing wrong with running +1 a arms and stock shocks...it lowers the front end a few inches...but like I said before unless you are jumping or riding rutted trails....IT WONT HURT ANYTHING

dummy
    Attached Images Attached Images

and i got my new shocks in she's ready for all kinds of action now.....

are those can am ute shocks?
    2003 Maxima VQ35DE
    -------------------------
    Tint, System

Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
    Trombone.. And if someone calls me a Tromboner I will kick you in the nuts, that s*** get's annoying

lol they are from the new 08 ski doo rev...just so happens they are 1 and 1/2 inches longer than stock.... they do good work

Ok man good for you I can care less. Go get your extra 25 hp.
    you cared enough to give me a hard time about it at first

I guess you have a lot of free time to waste ....... mabye you can learn to fix your honda and not just look at stuff and then talk like you know what your saying!

If you had ANY experience at all like you say you do ...(which you dont) you would have something more to say than what you read on the web or on this forum! I think you should turn your computer off and go get your hands dirty on the honda

From what you have said to me i dont think i would trust you to adjust my chain and change the oil.......

Im done wasting my time with you.....good day madam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast