Thread: Tires just spin.

Tires just spin.

When I'm in fifth gear and I lay into the throttle my tires just spin. Wondering what sprocket I should be running. I have a 13 tooth in the front and stock on the rear. I run GBC gators 22-11.00-8 tires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You must have some serious power to spin gators in 5th gear. Try going up to a 14 tooth front sprocket (which is stock).
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

All I have is a kn air filter. Other than that all stock. I had my buddy ride it over the weekend to see if I was really spinning and he said he was able to do it on the road.

bump it up a tooth in the front and see if that helps.
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

thats crazy to spin 5th like it sounds to me especially with 22 inch tires but you did lower it to a 13 tooth sproket so I assume its like stock. Are you sure your spinning? is it on like limestone with a coating of dust or something really slippery?

I lowered it before I blew up the engine. It was just fine. After I got it back from the yamah dealer its be doing this. Not sure if the factory specs where much tighter. I know it sounds crazy but in the wet sand doing about 45-50 and I punch it you can look back and see where I spun and as long as I hold the throttle you can see where I spun. This weekend I'm going to try the stock on again and let you all know what happens. Thanks for the help