Thread: 05 90 predator no start

05 90 predator no start

Hello, I have spark and fuel every thing works but it will not fire.
    I noticed the headlights are not on when key is on. They flickere when I hit the start button. Arent the head lights supposed to be on at all times ? is there a correlation here???

Does anyone have a electical schematic?????

could be lots of reasons it wont start. you need fuel and spark which you have both. check all electrical connections and clean them. check all grounds. now again if you have fuel and spark but it wont fire here are a few more things to check. compression, and crank seals. unless you have changed the reeds they should be good, stock reeds are steel and i have never seen a stock set go bad. a compression gage is almost a must with these little 2 stroke minis. you can get one for about 20 bucks at an auto parts store.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

The lights do not come on when ignition is on, only when the engine is running.

Is the spark a really bright spark? When our stator started to go out it would spark but it was not a strong enough spark to start the quad. Replaced the stator and all was well.
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

this thing has less than 20 hours on it was bought 12/07 one weekend in the desert. The stator can go on this that quick???

how do you test a stator?????