Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need thoughts on this project

need thoughts on this project

ok...i have a brand new 350x motor...and a couple month old 2002 300ex motor...im going to use the 350x motor and sell the 300...but i have noticed this...both left an right sidecases interchange with these models...and the top ends would 2...except that the 350 has a stroke of 68 and the 300's is 65.5...so i dont think puttin the 350 top end on the 300 would work but i dont no? anyways im a woods racer...i need more power and electric start...for the starts...so do u think its possible to take the left sidecase,stator an flywheel and starter and put on my 350x motor off my 300 motor? would this work? the sidecase will bolt up but after that i dont know...these motors are much alike just wonderin if any1 has ever done it before

Should work. Hey I threw a chain and cracked my stator case. I could take the 300x one for ya. How mucha re you gonna sell that motor for? I might be interested.
    -Ben
    BlazingYZ can't get me off the line without NOS. Quadjunkies is a HOTTIE. Pappy is 2nd to God. Troy can't touch me. I'm 2FAST. Ca't wait to roost all of you this summer. I ride a 250x with too many mods to have you read. Catch me on AOL at milbrookguy17

i have heard of people putting 350x heads on 300ex before in fact i think tc might do that not to sure though

i think im going to try puttin the electric start on the 350 motor...or puttin the 350 top end on the 300 lower end...either way the 300 motor isnt goin to be complete....ok guys heres a serious question...the 300's rod was designed for the 300 cylinder...the 350x's is 68...unless the cylinders are the same heigth...how would this work...if the cylinder are the same heigth this would put the motor bein around 335-340 cc's i think...

i dont think it will work out but ask around...
    99' 300EX
    -Too Many Mods 2 List-

The 300ex rod might not be long enough for the 350X top end. Im not really sure tho. I dont really know much about hte 350X motor. Where did you get yours btw? Ive seen a few on ebay, that were brand new , they were used in a tech school.

yeah the 350x cylinder is around 1 1/2 half inches longer no way that would work without a rod...so what about puttin the e start on the 350 motor? would that work?? sorry not to sound like a dick but im not gona say where i got my motor...no its not stolen or to the sort...just somethin i gotta keep to myself lol

Lol, damn. You know a guy at Honda and he had one built for u? lol, you must have some kind of connection. Know nething about a new honda quad, lol ---just kidding. Maybe you could have a custom rod machined just for that purpose, maybe give powroll a call and talk to mickey or call TC racing. I have no idea about the electric start, but that might involve changing gears and stuff like that, maybe machining the case, i duno. Maybe it could be done.

yeah if my memory serves me correct i think there is a gear machined into the main cases for the electric start...i really dont wanna split any cases to install a rod so i will just run the stock 350 motor for now..then later...maybe do some work to it...high comp piston an cam..i can tell u this...honda didnt stop makin the 250r cause they wanted 2...just like they didnt stop makin the 350x cause they wanted 2......just a thought

go here for some info and a phone number to call and ask a pro aboutt it.. Nice meetin ya this weekend dude,,see ya at the races.

http://www.atving.com/editor/racing/...ip/chassis.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast