Thread: How should i start drag race?

How should i start drag race?

should i start drag race in first gear or in 2nd gear?

what better?
    naZZima Rider!

what kind of bike do you have. What is the gearing??????

if you have the power start in second gear and hold the throttle about half and stay there until you start. I found that any more throttle you spin out and any less you bog down. I have won many races and holeshots like this to bikes that are faster than mine. The half throttle is were its at
    -2006 yfz 450 Elka/Wicked/GTT/Kenda/Yoshimura
    -03 blaster- In the last 4 years of owning it has ran good for about a week.

Wanna ride and live in MN. PM me.

in second if u take off in first u will stand the quad straight up trust me i know from expirence

we "atv" riders ride on dirt and spell correctly

well who gives a **** i know i ride on dirt all the time but go to the drag strip every now and then to have fun but i guess u dont know nothing about that

I actually don't I have never needed to go to a drag strip ever in my life with my fourwheeler.

i drag race all the time, both 1/4 mile and 300ft sand and dirt drags. i have been doing it for about 10 yrs. i had the first four stroke four wheeler at my local drag strip to break 100 mph

what gear you start in depends on a whole bunch of stuff, the track, the bike, the gearing , the tires.

if you are just playing around with your buddy's its and you don't have your bike set up to drag i would recommend 2nd gear. you have less chance bringing the front end up

if you are going to local dirt or sand drags then you need to set your bike up to drag, put straps on the front a-arms and take all the travel out you can, do the same in the rear. you want your bike to sit level and as low as possible. start in first gear with about 3/4 throttle, feather the clutch off the line.

or you can build a wheelie bar and pin the throttle and dump the clutch and hold the hell on.
    v-this is my 426 set up to drag race. its a new wheelie bar, that's why its not painted yet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.I.P "Brutus"
    Search And Rescue K-9
    Not only were you my SAR K-9 partner, most of all you were family.
    Rest easy as your shift is done.
    You will be forever Missed and Never Forgotton
    My Name Is Erik, I Am An Addict I have A.A.D.S.

02 416ex,12.5 JE Piston,Hot Cams Stage 2 Cam,Ported and polished,
    Larger Valves,HMF full Exhaust,Stage 2 CDI & Coil,Eldelbrock Carb,lonestar +4swingarm,+4 axle,Houser +4 A-Arms
    Elka Pro series Shocks,Hinson clutch basket and plate,Pro Amour Race Peg Nerf Bars,Lonestar Bar Clamp,Oneil Pro Taper Bars,DG alloy Bumper,14/41 sprockets in the dirt,16/36 sprockets at the drag strip, 14.456 @ 96.67 mph

04 426ex,13 to 1 compression,ported and polished,over-sized valves,HMF full system,450r carb,mega-cycles cam,CRF 450r cam chain,+4 swingarm,Houser A-arms +3,Elka Elite Shocks,LSR axle and hubs,Hinson basket, plate, clutch cover,xr-400 right side cover,Dyna fs CDI
    NEW!!!
    04 500ex,12 to 1 piston,mega-cycles cam,boondocker nitrous kit,ported and polished,over-sized valves,HMF Full Exhaust,dyna fs cdi,450r carb,crf 450 timing chain,Pingel Electronic shifter,hinson clutch basket,hinson kevlar clutch,+10 swingarm,twin row carrier,450r shocks
    holeshot HD's,ITP black Baja's
    No dyno numbers yet,but i am hoping for 85+ hp w/nitrous

Working on another 426ex, a 400ex frame with cr500 powerplant and a CBR 1000r motor in something?????