Thread: What did you guys pay? also should i go 450 or 525

What did you guys pay? also should i go 450 or 525

Soo i went up to the local KTM guru shop and saw 2 450's sittin there.. im big on ergo's .. if a quad doesnt feel good under my 5'11 205lb frame i wont bother with it..

So i sat on the KTM and fell in love.. ive driven a 525 bike before so i know wha kinda power these things make..but im not sire if i wanna go with the 450 or 525.. I plan on doin some harescrambles (open C) mostly to have a hell of alotta fun mayb win some races and move up to B class.. But i also do ALOT of trail riding..some tight woods some strippin pits some fire roads.. i hear the only differene in the power between them is the 525 has a little more bottom end is that true?..

Also what did everyone pay OTD and what did that price include? Gear , parts , warranty ect?
    2003 Raptor 686- Imagine a raptor with so much done to it you cant even get another billet part for it , that WAS my raptor sold

No quad right now...that should change by June

Ex Dirtbike Harescrable racer

Will be racing ATV harescrambles in D7

Just picked mine up Friday nite. Paid $8112 out the door. Keep in mind I paid in all crisp green bills, so that may have made a difference.

Jay
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

man i wish i had that kind of money im an 18 yr old kid at a 11.50 an hr job.. hopefully getting hired at wally world dist for 16.00 an hr...

so ill prob put about 2 grand down and pay about 500 or more a month on it to get it over with..but i figure i get one of these and all ill reallyneed is a good set of barkbusters/handguards and some skids... where as if i buy somethin else ill need alot more to be "harescramble ready"

did you get a warranty or any gear for your $8100?
    2003 Raptor 686- Imagine a raptor with so much done to it you cant even get another billet part for it , that WAS my raptor sold

I didn't get a warranty other than the original one for that amount, nor did I need any gear.

I am completely modifying this one, so a warranty wouldn't stand anyways.

Jay

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com

man you musta went to a good school or got lucky with a good job youve got all sorts of toys haha!

if you dont mind me asking what do you do?

and i wouldnt be modifying it much... mayb pipe / filter/ skids /handguards.. its already got enough power for a decent B class rider.. although id prob get the shocks set up for my weight.

I work as an accountant for a family truck dealership, and also own FourWerx Motorsports. I make carbon fiber, aluminum and titanium parts for quads.

I work very hard though for what I have. Keep on working bro, you'll find the time and money to do whatever it is you wanna do. hell I'm 22 and have alot of life ahead of me, but I realize that unless you work your a $ $ off, you won't get ahead in this cutthroat world we live in!!!!

Jay

I'll show mod list soon...

www.fwcarbon.com

so uuhhh wanna sponsor me

haha... yea right now i work for UPS woohoo lol but im trin to find a second job so i can work there in thte early mornin ad somwhere else in the afternoon/late night or weekends or somethin.. or at least get hired at wally world dist since they pay almost 16 an hr

I picked mine up 12/6/07, 8300.00 otd. I origanally ordered a 450 but it did not show up before nov. so I was facing a $500.00 price increase.(all ktm's went up $500.00 if not on showroom floor before nov. 07) I decided to take the 1 525 they allready had for $7699.00 + tax & lic. I do not regret it! If you do not need to stay @ 450cc for racing I say go with the 525. I use mine for the same as what you say you want yours for. VetB harescrambles & ripping up the trails, some moto-x play riding for that thrill of clearing a double or 2 and I love it!!! Finding any of them for much below list is not easy but there are some dealers who are willing to deal. Good luck with your planned purchase