Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Banshee still King of the Hill?

Is Banshee still King of the Hill?

I've had my Banshee for a few years, but the competition on the sand is getting though with bigger sport ATVs coming out all the time (Raptor 700).

Is the Banshee still the King of The Hill on the dunes?

Helllll Yeahhh!

The four-strokes dont have near the top-end of the banshee, which is what makes it great in the dunes.
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

nope... its glory days are over...

i can take a YFZ and remove the baffle, take off the lid, rejet, and retard the cam, and it is going to take a banshee with a lot of work to keep up...

so bascically for no money whatsoever into the yfz, its gunna take pipe, filters, and some good aggressive porting to keep up... and im not sure with even that- you may have to do a little more...

and the yfz will still be under warranty, still handle better, still have better suspension, and still use less fuel...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Originally posted by 250r4life
    nope... its glory days are over...

i can take a YFZ and remove the baffle, take off the lid, rejet, and retard the cam, and it is going to take a banshee with a lot of work to keep up...

so bascically for no money whatsoever into the yfz, its gunna take pipe, filters, and some good aggressive porting to keep up... and im not sure with even that- you may have to do a little more...

and the yfz will still be under warranty, still handle better, still have better suspension, and still use less fuel...
    So let me get this straight, removing the baffle, stock filter W/O lid, rejet, and retarding the cam is going to out run a Banshee with "a lot of work" done to it as you describe it. What sort of work are we talking about here?

And as far as warranty goes. Usually once you change anything in regards to the engine, intake, exhaust systems and track. The store/company will usually cancel all warranties, or at least try to cancel them.

And sorry, but most guys running Banshee's don't really care about fuel mileage.
    1987/2001 Banshee

Done....For Now

Originally posted by Dinner
    So let me get this straight, removing the baffle, stock filter W/O lid, rejet, and retarding the cam is going to out run a Banshee with "a lot of work" done to it as you describe it. What sort of work are we talking about here?

And as far as warranty goes. Usually once you change anything in regards to the engine, intake, exhaust systems and track. The store/company will usually cancel all warranties, or at least try to cancel them.

And sorry, but most guys running Banshee's don't really care about fuel mileage.
    i guess that all depends on what you consider a lot of work... lets put it this way- it will need engine work... pipes, filters, jetting, advance timing, lightened flywheel... etc... that wont cut it... youre going to need to get into the engine... and all this to compete with a bike that you put no money in at all...

in reference to warranties and voiding them... well, yes and no... if youre not too bright and take it in with all that stuff done, then you risk having them reject... however, my buddy and i have almost the exact same setups as each other (in the sig), and we both just had over $1000 each of warranty work done on our bikes... it doesnt take long to switch out the exhaust, advance the timing, throw the stock jets back in, and put the lid back on... and then you have a stock bike that is perfectly warrantable...

is that to say they wouldnt have warrantied the work anyhow... who knows... but for what the work was gunna cost, i wasnt gunna risk it...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

I am calling bull****!
    440ex with a stage 2 hotcam, sparks x6 exhuast

1999 banshee with powder coat, wiseco pistons, and toomey T6 pipes.

03 Raptor 686 with lone star a arms and axle, works shocks, powder coated white frame
    1983 honda 185s

1979 honda oddessy

2001 trail boss

1995 mach z 800

2005 YFZ 450 stock

Red face

banshee's never were king off the hill.. they were to people that dont have a clue what there talking about.. and they never will be king of the hill..
    04 Honda 450R- AC Racing-Maier-JB Racing- Hotcams- Pro Design-Moose Racing-SRP- White Brothers

R.I.P Charles Clontz - 1992-2007

Originally posted by Dustin075
    I am calling bull****!
    you can call whatever you want... it still doesnt change the facts...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

I ride with a few boys that have yfz and the shee will take them. The raptor 700 is the one that is a bad ***.
    440ex with a stage 2 hotcam, sparks x6 exhuast

1999 banshee with powder coat, wiseco pistons, and toomey T6 pipes.

03 Raptor 686 with lone star a arms and axle, works shocks, powder coated white frame
    1983 honda 185s

1979 honda oddessy

2001 trail boss

1995 mach z 800

2005 YFZ 450 stock

i ride with nearly 10 raptor 700s... mod for mod the YFZ is faster...

here i am against a couple of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEb3d29uWk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFgDb-RB6Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOcpFAtBt8k
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast