Thread: Terex Issues.....

Terex Issues.....

Hey guys, new to posting on the board but a long time lurker.

Recently picked up a Terex LE. So far it's been a lot of fun around the ranch. It's like having a midget H1 hummer on steroids. Will climb anything, just not the fastest on the straights.....yet at least. Have to wait to brake it in the right way.

So far, only 2 items have driven me a little crazy. One i've already fixed.

For those of you with the plastic roof: Is it me, or does that thing rattle to death? I took it apart and put some rubber foam underneath the roof where it meets part of the role bar. Problem solved

Now the other: Man that center console gets hot!!!

I'm thinking about taking it apart this weekend and insulating it some. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope to see more Terex owners popping up in the near future

up grades

a friend of mine owns a kawi shop. they put on two brothers pipe and rev box.WOW it woke up the beast.lots of power they were power slideing it on pavement.and other crazey things..

teryx 750 problems

roof\ check the front where the roof folds over and down for cracks \splitting, dealer replaced ours already, Did the same padding on rops with water pipe insulation. Heat issue\ on our 750 Brute made extra larger heat shield put over the factory heat shield using the original bolts using light sheet metal saves the hot leg thing on the left side . Since the exhaust is right under the consule a heat shield extended to the rear should help. also with seat area sealed off more should solve most of the problem on the Teryx

Re: up grades

Originally posted by bustedknuckle
    a friend of mine owns a kawi shop. they put on two brothers pipe and rev box.WOW it woke up the beast.lots of power they were power slideing it on pavement.and other crazey things..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq4ywPnWYno

Dragon fire racing put an exhaust, jetkit, air filter, and CDI on this Teryx

The last thing the Terex needs is to be louder! I must be getting old

Terex Heat

I have almost 50 hours on my Terex and love it, the engine heat is something I have to address, in the Desert it's just to hot at this time of the year. I did'nt mind it when it was cold out, it was like a heater. I have been to the Kawasaki dealer in town and ask if anybody else has said anything about cab heat, and they said no. Now that I know it is a problem, I'm going to check into a fix for my Terex. If someone comes up with a fix befor I do, please let us know. I can hang with rino's and razers with no problem.

This seems to be a problem with the wind screen on the LE. The wind screen stops the flow of air in the lower cab and no air pushes the heat out of the cab, Mine has no wind screen and has no heat issues. Others have moved the wind screen up about three inches and the problem gets better.

Originally posted by Amsoil04z
    This seems to be a problem with the wind screen on the LE. The wind screen stops the flow of air in the lower cab and no air pushes the heat out of the cab, Mine has no wind screen and has no heat issues. Others have moved the wind screen up about three inches and the problem gets better.

What is the wind screen you speak of? I just bought a LE and have put about 7 hours on it so far but the heat is so bad I'm not driving it till i get the heat issue fixed, i made an insulated cover for the top but it didn't help much.........some one posted about a heat shield for the motor? Do you have pics? thanks

The half windshield is what I am talking about, it deflects the air up out of the cab and air does not flow thru the vents on the front of the console, thus not pushing the heat out the back of the engine compartment. Take off the windshield and run it, then check the heat.

windshield overheat issues

I work for the USAF and we have several Teryx 750's with many extra mods and goodies. We had a few issues with the heat like most until we installed a weapon mount on the front winshield. The weapon mount modification required us to move the windshield up almost 3" and it has eleviated most of our heat issues even down here in FL. You do have to be careful of debris getting inside of the skid plates and then catching fire from the heat of the exhaust. That has happend twice to our vehicles. Requires a good bit of cleaning of the skid plates to keep the amount of leaves and twigs to a min.