Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

I need help!

I need to know whats the best ez clutch setup to run. Also i am running a dynatek cdi that seems to sputter out on top end, it says in the instructions to run stock coil and components, but i have a janssen coil. Is that the problem. thanks in advance for the input.
    go big or go home!

oh, I have replaced the clutch cable perch and lever but it still seems pretty tiring to pull the lever in.
    go big or go home!

you could get one of the hydrolic clutch setups.. if they still make them for the R. or start doing excercise to build up your forearm muscles I run CR500 springs with the stock petch/lever. also PEP made an ez lever, but seemed to wear out the clutch cables pretty quick...
    86, 87, & 88 x 2 TRX250R's, 05 450R, couple 88 blasters, couple 85 350x's, 87/85 TRX350XR hybrid, 88 zilla, 92/87 Hybrid LT250/500R, & JP Racing Outlaw chassis w/ LT500R HRD motor

Magura still makes the hydraulic clutch levers/lines for the R. They're actually pretty universal, from bike to bike. I have one and wouldn't own anything but. Although, the price tag is pretty hefty...
    1998 LSR 250R

Buy a Magura and be done with it. No more dinking around lubing clutch cables. I wish they made some sort of hydraulic throttle setup. A sticking throttle ended my trip early over Memorial day weekend. I gotta start remembering to lube it regularly...
    Tony

Arens Axis XC 310R

yea i have considered getting the hyd. setup. now i had this chick over and she took it for a spin and it died on her so i gotta figure that out.needless to say i didn't get none from her. and i bet that cdi is shot.I'll look at that tommorow.
    go big or go home!

Originally posted by mxduner
    needless to say i didn't get none from her.
    lol
    1998 LSR 250R

if you dont go with a magura hydralic clutch, go with a ez perch setup that has forged costruction, not cast.
    PRP/Lonestar/PEP 250R

88 TRX250R

87 TRX250X

2004 Terminator Cobra

2006 F-350

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4DR

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

cr500 springs are actually weaker then stock 250r springs if you test the spring rates. the barnett HD springs are the strongest that a group of us found by testing the actual spring rates.

also do you have the 89 update in your clutch? alot of stiff clutch problems can arise from the stock 86-88 clutch ball bearing problem.

get one of the quick adjust levers i bought one this past weekend branded applied for 29$ and made my clutch easy to pull.

there are also inline ez pull clutch items ive heard good things about those

and magura is a pretty cool option.
    87 344cc By Hybrid Engineering
    87 344cc Redone By Hybrid Engineering
    89 443cc Puma By Hybrid Engineering

The real Power is when the gas is mixed with oil

sweet guys. i love all these options... keep them coming. i love this stuff
    go big or go home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast