Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: billet gas cap

billet gas cap

I ordered the billet gas cap from Apex and I have a question about the ventilation method it uses. There is just a small cap (about the size of a cap for the air stem on a tire) that screws into a threaded hole in the middle of the cap. There is a small ball bearing about the size of a BB that sits in there, I presume to stop up the breather hole if the quad is upside down. The question concerns this little ball, it sits right on top of the small hole that allows the tank to breath... does the regular motion of the quad cause this bearing to shake around exposing the hole and allow the tank to balance the pressure or do people tend to have problems with this type of cap?

The only reason I ask is that we could not keep the quad running if my son let off the throttle. As long as he had some throttle then it would stay running. Not sure if its the gas cap or not but that and a new air filter was the only thing to change since the last time out.
    Scott
    OCCRA 314
    Boomer Sooner!

"Bravery" is - A man coming home late, smelling of perfume and beer,
    lipstick on his collar, slapping his wife on the @$$ and saying, "You're next."

We had to mod. the caps when we sell them. We took a brake line end and flaired a an alumn. tube to fit. Added a hose to vent to handle bars. If that makes any sense.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

any way you could post a pic of that? Did you have to mod it for the reason I described or another issue?
    Scott
    OCCRA 314
    Boomer Sooner!

"Bravery" is - A man coming home late, smelling of perfume and beer,
    lipstick on his collar, slapping his wife on the @$$ and saying, "You're next."

Customers complained when tank was full and rev the eng. would spray fuel out.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

I never really could figure out why these billet caps' venting systems were designed so much different than any other billet cap in the world. It definately is a PIA having fuel spew everywhere.

Latest Technology... This cap will eliminate the current issues,"all new design" Billet aluminum, anodized in red , blue, silver , orange, black, and gold. They were purposely designed without cut outs or indentions on top that will trap dirt and mud as other billet caps do, and can be run with stock vent hose or custom breather hose included. Fits Apex and DRR. By MACH-1 , can purchase at most high end mini quad shops.
    marc
    Attached Images Attached Images
    God bless,
    from your friends at Hot Quads
    334-705-0084

Dealers needing info on these can send me a pm.
    marc
    God bless,
    334-705-0084

God bless,
    334-705-0084

Marc,
    Thanks for hooking me up, I cant wait to get this.

Can I order one of these from you directly? I would love to have an anodized blue one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast