Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone with stroker/460cc kits?

anyone with stroker/460cc kits?

im thinking about going this route..hopefully with around a 10:1 compression ratio...

basically increase the tq a lot and open up the top end some..
    i dont want to high comp.

anyway i wanna know input about this setup..
    ill definitely have a fan on the oil cooler to help cool
    also definitely use hd chain and studs.

this will be a slow slow project that i want to do..i really want to pick up a spare 400ex motor to do this work too while i enjoy my motor for now..

also think the sparks key would work with this big bore/stroker kit..being as itll be pretty low comp. also i plan to run 93oct.

also what jets would probably be recommend? i think id go with a 450r carb when i do this..
    so any info would be very helpful..thanks

I had a 465 kit put in about 4-5 years ago and it is still running strong, I had not have any problems. I only ride it about once a month though, I change the oil at least every 2-3 rides. I have high compression though which runs much better on race gas which will cost you a arm and a leg. 4 yrs ago it was only like $4 a gallon. I ran it on the stock carb. for 3 yrs. and it ran good, recently I put a 450r carb on it and opened the airbox and it made a huge improvement, it is kind of scary to ride now. I am running a double foam pro uni air filter and a 48 pilot and a 175 main.

My friend has built a few 440 strokers and man are they fast. He had a 440 stroker, Edlebrock Carb, HMF, Rev box, stage 3 hotcam, he ran it on 50/50 which is 93 and race. I forgot the other things he had done but man it hauled! It went 86MPH and it got there so quick and so smooth it was crazy. Every gear pulled just as hard until it hit the rev limiter. Unfortunately he sold it because the motor was going on it after about a year and a half or so.

Originally posted by michaelj
    I had a 465 kit put in about 4-5 years ago and it is still running strong, I had not have any problems. I only ride it about once a month though, I change the oil at least every 2-3 rides. I have high compression though which runs much better on race gas which will cost you a arm and a leg. 4 yrs ago it was only like $4 a gallon. I ran it on the stock carb. for 3 yrs. and it ran good, recently I put a 450r carb on it and opened the airbox and it made a huge improvement, it is kind of scary to ride now. I am running a double foam pro uni air filter and a 48 pilot and a 175 main.
    Dang - That must be one fast bike. So how much is that race gas costing these days?
    FMF Powercore4 Slip On, Dynojet Kit - 150 Main Jet,
    Maxxiz Razr - all around, Pro Taper Handlebars w/ MSR Clutch Lever, Tusk - Parking Brake Block Off, ProArmor
    Nerfs w/ Heel Guard, Ricochet Swingarm Skid Plate, Primary Drive Chain and Sprockets

$10-11 a gallon
    Victor
    2010 Ski-Doo MXZ-XRS 800R
    2006 MX TRX450R Nac's/PEP/Sparks/Houser
    2001 XC TRX416EX Nac's/PEP/Sparks/LSR
    1989 XC TRX250R Nac's/ PEP/LRD/Walsh
    "It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow then to spend tonight like there's no money"

yea i definitely dont want to pay 30bucks to fill the tank on that..haha
    thats why i bought an atv..to be a cheaper play toy then a race car..

thats why i want to stick around 10:1 area..and probably just a stage 2 cam..nothin insane but still gets down..

I say we make our own race gas. Dust off the Moonshine stills.
    > Honda set up totally for MX with all the extras removed
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF
    Thanks 2010 Sponsors ASV, DWT, Engine Ice, Laker Customs, Motowoz ATV Racing Shocks, Precision Racing Products, Rath Racing, Rox Speed FX, RPM Racing Axles, Spastic Designs, Spider Grips, Streamline Brakes, and Tag Metals.

Originally posted by mooseracerX
    I say we make our own race gas. Dust off the Moonshine stills.
    yehaw sounds good to me. lets git r done lol

Haha if it was legal it would probably work good, isn't the octane on that nearly 93?
    > Honda set up totally for MX with all the extras removed
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF
    Thanks 2010 Sponsors ASV, DWT, Engine Ice, Laker Customs, Motowoz ATV Racing Shocks, Precision Racing Products, Rath Racing, Rox Speed FX, RPM Racing Axles, Spastic Designs, Spider Grips, Streamline Brakes, and Tag Metals.

Here we go!!!:
    http://www.alcohol4fuel.com/index.html

sounds good to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast