Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 ?'s about the DS450

2 ?'s about the DS450

1.) how do they handle
    2.) how do the frames hold up

new to this thread thing anyway i own a 05 trx 450 piped, k&n, wheel spacers, hrc, renthals, 2 " custom risers. and also owna brand new ds450x in my opinion the ds handles way better. i love the high end power on the ds.

new to this thread thing anyway i own a 05 trx 450 piped, k&n, wheel spacers, hrc, renthals, 2 " custom risers. and also owna brand new ds450x in my opinion the ds handles way better. i love the high end power on the ds. im a fairly big guy 270 pounds and i have had some hard landings on the ds and problems with frame yet . that includes a 3rd gear Endo incident at the local track though the whoops section. My bad!

handles like a laeger. which is good! There are rumors going around that the frames snap but its not true. People want these bikes to fail so badly but there been no major problems with them yet.

Originally posted by ds450racer
    People want these bikes to fail so badly but there been no major problems with them yet.
    totally off topic, but i know EXACTLY what you mean (except on a certain other forum)
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

when can am were releasing the bike they mase a really big deal about it. saying it was the ultimate ride better than any other bike. Honda owners,yamaha owners hate the bike simply for the fact that it is a better machine. I know so many people who hate the bikes and really want it to fail.

I haven't heard anything on the frames, but from what Ive heard talking to pro worcs racers the motors still need a little fine tuning. Who knows maybe can-am has got the problem fixed but they haven't been the most reliable bikes on the race track as the results can be seen for themselves. But it is a high performance 450 and all have there problems it just depends which you want to spend your time fixing.

The problem ive had with mine is that it goes in to limp mode. But we put different software on it so it runs at a higher temp. And we have to clean the crank sensor.

I geuss its fine for DS supporters to claim "brand" loyalness for the shortcomings of the machine, but you can not hide the fact that these machines have problems. Granted, the average rider may not see them for some time, but for anyone who pushes the machine will find the weaknesses.

Take a look at the GNCC series, AM Womens rider Lexie Coulter hasnt been having huge issues, however when you look at the Pro class, they can barely finish a race.

And for the record, I like the quad! I just dont like sugar coating!
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

But its a brand new quad out. Every quad that first came out had some teething problems. In the next few races i guarantee the bikes will be sorted. John natalie had his first win on it a few weeks ago. Josh frederick and brandon smith have been domanating the worcs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast