Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To: Install ATV Hand Grips

so chain lube realy works that well?

No slip grip fix

I have tried the grip glue and brake cleaner a few times when installing new grips on my quads. A few years ago while riding I was having an issue with one of my grips spinning around the bar. An old timer at the track told me to rub some gas on the inside of the grip if I wanted to fix the issue for good. I tried it and now gas is the only thing I use to install my grips. The gas breaks down the rubber and makes it bond to the bars, you will have to cut them off when it's time to replace them but install is easy. Make sure the bars are clean and after sliding them on let it sit for about 30 minutes to let any excess gas evaporate. This process hasn't failed me yet.

What is the best way to remove hand grips without destroying them? I just bought a new 08' 400, and i want take the grips off and put them on my old 300, which has ODI grips on it.
    2008 White/Blk Honda 400ex- Stock motor... Houser silcast +2 ST arms, 450r shocks with works zps triple rate springs, Pro Armor Nerfs and bumper, PRM grab bar, Ricochet engine and swingarm skid plates, ODI grips, and Tusk handguards

I found that the easiest way to remove and put on grips is with an air compressor. If you have the tool that just blows out air, you put the tip right on the inside part of the grip and it will pretty much fall off with no lube or cutting! it works the same way putting on just push the grip on while shooting air down the open part of the grip. I like this because no mess!

wait... use chain lube to clean the grips or as an adhesive? this is confusing me and i dont want to screw up.
    2001 Kawasaki Mojave 250:
    -Maier race cut plastics
    -ITP holeshot front/rear tires on ITP c-10 rims
    -White Bros E. series slip-on
    -Jardine nerf-bars
    -Alba pro elite bumper
    -2" wheel spacers
    -Mikuni 36mm carb
    -ceet racing seat cover

Originally posted by trx250xtim
    wait... use chain lube to clean the grips or as an adhesive? this is confusing me and i dont want to screw up.
    there using it as an adhesive. make sure it is the sticky kind most of the newer chain lubes are non sticky "no mess" type and I don't think they would work.

I use 3M gasket and weatherstrip adhesive. Also those Pillow Top Grips for me were like cheese graders on my hands

I found the best way to remove grips without ruining them is roll them off

I have found that some still slightly wet spray paint makes them stick sooo good and some WD40 to get the grips on works really good, have trouble getting them off

I have never used this method on my quads but I came across it one day when i painted the handlebars on a bike and was impatient to get the project together lol

And if you want to save the old grips that are on there you can also use a air compressor. Just stick the nossle under the grip and it will puff up and slide right off. It also works for installing them...
    *WHEN IN DOUGHT, THROTTLE IT OUT*

Thanks Pappy!!Its really help ful for us ....I caring my ATV alot s that's why I am maintainig with my own way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123