Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 AMA PRO ATV Motocross Nationals #5 - Sunset Ridge - Live Pro ATV Race Coverage

2008 AMA PRO ATV Motocross Nationals #5 - Sunset Ridge - Live Pro ATV Race Coverage

WALNUT, Ill. (May 10, 2008) -- Dustin Wimmer set the fastest time in second-round qualifying Saturday for tomorrow's Pro ATV final at Sunset Ridge MX. Saturday's events are part of the Concept Haulers ATV Showdown, Round 5 of the ITP Tires/Moose Racing ATV National Motocross Series Presented by Parts Unlimited.

Wimmer ((No. 191 Team MSR/Suzuki/Yoshimura/Pro Taper) set a blistering one-minute, 51.969-second time to take the top slot. Defending Champion Joe Byrd (No. 7 Honda) was second quick, ahead of Josh Creamer (No. 9 Team Monster Energy Drink/Kawasaki).

Wimmer was pleased with his results, but pointed out he's focused on tomorrow's race.

"It's great to set a fast lap, but I'm really interested in the top step of the (podium)," said Wimmer. "The bike is running great and I'm really pleased, but tomorrow is really going to tell the tale."

With heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow, Wimmer said his race strategy will change significantly.

"The holeshot is always important, but the rain makes it really important," said Wimmer. "Visibility is key, and getting out front early gives you a clear line of sight. The team will also have to make adjustments to the suspension and rain equipment, like goggles and tear-offs take on more importance."

With 29 pros attempting to make this weekend's field, Wimmer said that competition has never been deeper.

"It seems as if every year they keep stepping it up," said Wimmer. "You really have to be on the top of your game out here. If I didn't train as hard as I do, if I slacked off, everyone would know quickly. You have to be in top condition right now because the competition is so tight."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Josh Upperman (No. 20 Honda), Brock Lyons (No. 43 Polaris), Jason Dunkelberger (No. 19 East Coast ATV), and Cody Miller (No. 22 Can-Am) qualified for tomorrow's finals through the Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ). Thomas Hager, Hunter Miller, Shane Cochran, Trent Kandel, Christopher Tait, John Ragon, Rich Stambach and Steve Runkel didn't qualify for the 20-quad field.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

race cancelled for today?

I heard the race is cancelled for today - anyone know if thats official?

Muy buddy just called me from there and said they are doing one moto only. Winner takes all.
    2009 KTM 505
    Best quad I have ever owed

Amatuer Race has been cancelled for the day, Pro and Pro Am will run a 1 moto format starting 10 am.

Several inches of rain and winds are hitting the event hard
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

pro am race

If any one knows how the pro am race please let me know...
    thanks

Pro AM just completed

The class was split into 2 Divisions and run on a shortened course

Div 1 was won by Canadian rider James Bank

Div 2 was a heated battle between Thomas Brown and Cody Gibson. The pair raced hard and at one point ran off the track in the terrible conditions. Gibsons Suzuki shut down, handing the win to brown as the last lap was scored.

Gibson was riding battered as he suffered a nasty wreck in practice yesterday

No other results are available as the riders were completely unrecognizable due to the thick mud

pro-am

thanks for the info anyone know how josh williams714 finshed?

Internet service at the track, this is cool. Pros on the gate.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast