Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Paddle Tires on 700xx

Need Help Paddle Tires on 700xx

Going to the sands duns in two weeks. Has any one figure out how to put paddle tires on the back . No one makes a 11in. paddle

I was wondering the same thing. Can you run a wide offset wheel and use 10" wheels? I haven't looked closely at a 700xx, but I was thinking about this problem, if I were to buy one. I was thinking they went with the 11" wheel to maintain a certain width, but allow the aarms to as long as possible, which helps in suspension travel, etc... In the dunes, width isn't an issue so possibly a wider offset wheel might clear. I dunno, just my thoughts. Post some pics of the rear end up close, I may be way off.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

Pretty sure you won't be able to do anything untill somone comes out with the right size of rim, we have been searching for somthing to work to, my dad really wants to get some GNCC's on his

I found some ITP C-Series type 6 ,12in wheel x 7in wide on 4/144 and the right offset used on a big wheel kit for the frt of a 450R ,BUTT the only have one. Called skat and they cant even make them in an 11in. I tried a 10in wheel with a 4in offset to inside and the did hit the arms a little bit. No one makes a 10 x 8 with a 4/144 bolt pattern. Iam going to try a 10in x8 3in back space ITP wheel, T-9 (not the pro series) with a 4/143 pattern turn it 90% and redrill it to 4/144, I think it might work untill they come out with something. I called ITP ,they said it would be about 4-5 mouths before they have a wheel,There going to stick out a little more.

Originally posted by double00
    I found some ITP C-Series type 6 ,12in wheel x 7in wide on 4/144 and the right offset used on a big wheel kit for the frt of a 450R ,BUTT the only have one. Called skat and they cant even make them in an 11in. I tried a 10in wheel with a 4in offset to inside and the did hit the arms a little bit. No one makes a 10 x 8 with a 4/144 bolt pattern. Iam going to try a 10in x8 3in back space ITP wheel, T-9 (not the pro series) with a 4/143 pattern turn it 90% and redrill it to 4/144, I think it might work untill they come out with something. I called ITP ,they said it would be about 4-5 mouths before they have a wheel,There going to stick out a little more.
    Keep us posted. Thanks.
    496cc Saber 2 Stroke MX Project "Elsinore" (Laeger Narrow/CR500 Build - In Process)
    89 TRX 250R - Fully Restored Original

quick question...is the bolt pattern 144 for both front and rear?

if so ITP does make a dune edition c-series rim in 12" and 22-8-12 front sand stars with 22-11-12 rear sand stars I saw some on a site a while back and also in a dirtwheels issue where they did a raptor 700r for the dunes...I will see if i can find the site or look up the exact specs in the DW mag

edit: its the january 06 DW issue
    .06 Black TRX 450er.
    .Elka. - .G-Force. - .Hiper. - .Lonestar. - .Kenda. - .Dasa. - .GT Thunder.
    .Pro Armor. - .Denton. - .Pro Design. - .Houser. - .Hotcams. - .Kermaxx.
    .Quad Tech. - .Outerwears. - .Douglas. - .PowerMadd. - .UNI. - .Maxxis.

Yes, The frt. and rear bolt pattern are 4/144 I think they would work if the rear is 4/144

You could get a Hiper in 10 x 8 with 3" in and 5" out offset........

It wouldn't be the cheapest wheel in the world but I would expect it to work and be about +2.5" wider each side.

Because the Hiper wheel is a 3 piece wheel you can mix and match the parts to get what you want.

With a a set of a-arms this setup would be awesome.

Anyone wanna link me to some, I really need to test out my 700XX in some nice steep dunes.

THANKS!

I took some old 10x8 large bell rims that had a 136 bolt pattern turn them and redrilled them to 144, got some 22x11x10 sandstars and I thing there going to work great. They stick a little bit .Going this thur.day

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast