Thread: Newbie Needs Carb Asap

Newbie Needs Carb Asap

I bought a used 96 KSF250 and the carb is shot. Rebuilt kit won't due but new is $300 plus so I want to buy used. Any one got one.

Welcome to the forums hope you find all you want to know on here. now to answer your question. try checking ebay, and the classified/parts section of these forums. i too need a new carb.
    06 YFZ450 SE

found two

I found two yesterday afternoon. one was $115 straight off a used atv and the other they want $150 straight off or$200 rebuilt and ready to install. I also have a shop by me that has been in business for years that said he would redo mine like new for $35 plus parts so that is the way I am going. If you want the contact info for the other ones let me know and I will either post or PM. I am also looking for a usable head with cam caps for same.

if you guys are still looking people use 400ex carbs as an upgrade and they go on ebay for anywhere from $55 to $100

oh really?! Ive never heard that. How hard is it to hook up? I may have to invest in one.
    06 YFZ450 SE

I know they use the honda thumb throttle and cable with it and a clamp on filter but don't know if they use the honda carb boot and make an adapter to fit the mojave head or what.

No the boot from the mojo will work, there are just some clearance issues you have to deal with the carb hitting the tank
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.