Thread: cam in a 400ex

cam in a 400ex

what type pf gains should i expect in a piped and jetted 400ex without an airbox lid with a k&n filter with a curtis sparks timing advance in it if i put a cam in it? which stage? i think i have to take out the timing advance if i use the cam, any suggestions? and do i have to rejet?

you should see some decent gains. about 3-4 hp maybe. you can deffinatly feel the difference in power, you shouldnt have to rejet.

thats all i can help with as i am not familiar with the 400ex
    Trx 450R - BACK IN ACTION!!!

*2005 CRF450R*
    Pro-Action Suspension
    Pro-Circuit Ti-4 Full System
    Acerbis Hand Guards
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Hotrods Crank
    JE 12.5:1 Piston

2000 Mustang GT
    WAY too much to list, and still too slow

re-jet you must my son! lol
    (2003)426ex,edelbrock carb,maxis razors,dirt digger clutch,ported and polished,Kibblewhite valve springs and Black Diamond valves,Omf air scoops,Renthal all diamond grips hard compound,Whitebrothers E-series pipe,Hot cam stage 1,Hot Rods crank,Wiesco 11:1 piston,HD CRF timming chain,Pro Armor front bumper,Omf skid plates, K&N air fiter,Outerwears Prefilter,LA sleeve,Longhorn atv high bend big bars,AMR monster coil,08'450r heel guards & pegs,Streamline 7 way stabilizer,450r front shocks,Primary Drive gold 520 race chain,LSR 250r axle,ss front brake lines,07 sub frame, pretty much just engine work right now, top to bottom new.Would really like to convert my 03' plastics to 08' plastics.FOR SALE!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS.THANKS

Re: cam in a 400ex

Originally posted by supernatural
    what type pf gains should i expect in a piped and jetted 400ex without an airbox lid with a k&n filter with a curtis sparks timing advance in it if i put a cam in it? which stage? i think i have to take out the timing advance if i use the cam, any suggestions? and do i have to rejet?
    for the cam- what riding will you be doing

i think you will be fine with the timing advance. i believe that's only on the big bore exs.
    www.6gearmotorsports.com