Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can i make my 400ex faster then an ltr 450 ???

Hybrid View

can i make my 400ex faster then an ltr 450 ???

i need to know what to do to my 400ex to make it go faster then a ltr 450 ?

if your in the trails you could beat him for sure lol in a drag 18" tires will probally make it on par top speed wise. 440 stroker built right can easily take any 450. My friend had a 440 stroker and a few other things and it hauled. Anything he raced he flew by it was crazy when I rode it. He had that thing up to 86MPH

yea.. i raced a banshee on my 400 got holeshot every time but he passed me up almost at teh end of 1/8 mile.. then i tried a 450 ltr against the banshee.. same i got holeshot.. and then got passed up even closer than my 400.. so in drag 400 with pipe and siple mods will beat it.. either that or im jsut good.. or banshee guy sucks lol.. but he' not he was good rider..
    RIDE AS IF YOU WOULD LIVE FOREVER BUT DIE TOMMAROW...

Wisco 440 Big bore
    Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Full
    K&N
    G4 Rev Box
    Tusk Handle Bars
    John Natalie Victory Bling Star Bumper[black]
    Tusk Off-Road Nerfs [black]

It isn't really in the motor size. Its in the trans and drive gears I thing anyways. I know the extra cc will help you have more power to pull the different gears.
    > Honda set up totally for MX with all the extras removed
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF
    Thanks 2010 Sponsors ASV, DWT, Engine Ice, Laker Customs, Motowoz ATV Racing Shocks, Precision Racing Products, Rath Racing, Rox Speed FX, RPM Racing Axles, Spastic Designs, Spider Grips, Streamline Brakes, and Tag Metals.

Here's why reality is so different from dreams. Yes you can take the 400EX motor and mod it to beat a stock or piped 450, but once they do the same thing you do to your engine the hope fades away. It's way easier to save up and buy a 450 than to beat one with a EX.

^^ I agree. Although on an MX track you could have a built 440 and and legally run Production 450, if they build their 450 motor they can't legally anyways. Plus I've saw it done. Kid I race with 16 or 17 on a build 426 was beating 450's. I'm not sure what class it was but it can be done.
    > Honda set up totally for MX with all the extras removed
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF
    Thanks 2010 Sponsors ASV, DWT, Engine Ice, Laker Customs, Motowoz ATV Racing Shocks, Precision Racing Products, Rath Racing, Rox Speed FX, RPM Racing Axles, Spastic Designs, Spider Grips, Streamline Brakes, and Tag Metals.

top speed isn't really an issue considering the top speed of the LTR stock is only 74. it's tourqe that you will have to have.
    2002 440ex
    PEP•Wiseco•Duncan•AC•Dunlop

'98 ford f150 4x4

ltr's are slow...
    my 440 is just as fast
    and my 440 is just as fast as a honda 450r with the same mods...only mine was 440
    1947 Buick Road Master-For Sale

I cant stand the whole thing when people say dont try to make the EX faster save up for the R. Maybe we like the looks, handling, and maintainance better than a 450 so we keep the great 400ex and build it up. Its mostly rider too. I cant count how many 450's ,banshees, z400's w/e i have beaten in different types of racing when I drag the 450 it kills me but on the track or trails theres no difference its the better rider. Drag racing Banshees and such I was clearly the better rider even though they had 4-5 times the amount of money I have in mods. Its all about knowing the machine and what feels best. Give a guy a quad with more mods, more power, more traction and you can still win because he may not be the best guy at riding or knowing the machine. On the other hand if you are equal riders or pretty close chances are you wont win. 440 stroker was the fastest thing I have ever ridden. Race any 450 unless they had port work and bored, with the addition to the normal mods (exhaust, intake, cam) and they would lose. I mean 86MPH... I rode it and I couldnt believe th power it had. 1st through 5th it pulled just as hard as the gear before until it bounces off the rev limiter it was amazing.

couldn't agree more^^^. it makes me so mad when all people worry about is how fast they can go in a strait line. thats not what riding is all about.
    2002 440ex
    PEP•Wiseco•Duncan•AC•Dunlop

'98 ford f150 4x4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast