Thread: swingarm bolt locked up and want come out

swingarm bolt locked up and want come out

ok i need some help on which option is the best to get this out. tell me what methods ya'll have used that worked. the bolt will not even spin and want budge at all. i was going to cut if off but would rather do that last if possible. so the have ya'll used to make this pain in the *** bold come out?
    08 ltr450 le cherry bomb, uni,Full Duncan exhaust,pro tapper,rock nerfs,motorsport bumper

01 440ex Girlfriends bike , +2+1 a-arms, uni filter, chm slip on,white bros header ac bumper, 440 kit 12:1, hd head studs, nerfs,rad lock nut,westcost carrier,450r carb,stage 2 hot cam, eca break block off, 450r swing arm,450r rear brake set up,tcs revalved rear shock

Have you thought of using the search feature. There are tons of old threads on this subject seeing that it's a common problem with the 400EX. I bet some great ideas have already been mentioned.

just had this problem the other day....... i got a big @$$ pipewrench and went to town when i mean big i mean about a 3 1/2 foot long pipe wrench not a little normal sissys one. but yeah someone asked the same question you did about 2 weeks ago. you should be able to find the thread it shouldn't be to far back.

o yeah i warped the bolt doing it this way so if you have the money try it my way. you will probably will have to replace.

Just did mine this weekend. Sucked.....bad. I just slid a large head cap screw through mine (after I threaded the nut back on it to protect the threads), and then beat it from each side back and forth with a dead blow sledge. Just keep lubing it with a liquid wrench or WD, and it will eventually come out. My frame has a few ouchy marks on it from the sledge, but it's gettin' powdercoated anyway so I didn't care to much. Worst case scenario, is you have to order a $20 bolt from motosport or RMATV.
    If you are changing your swingarm or axle, the locknut on your axle might even be a bigger b*tch then the swinger bolt. Just get a nice plumbers wrench, and about a 3' long by 2" diameter pipe nipple to slide over it. It turns it into about a 4' cheater bar to break it loose.
    5 hours this weekend, working on basically 2 bolts.......
    CRASH COUNTER -- 7

'05 400ex
    Yoshimura __ Houser Long Travel +1 __ Elka Elite Quad Rate __ IMS Roll __ Pro Taper SE __ SLC Quad Customs +2 Swinger __ 450R carb __ Maiers __ GenX Atv __ K&N __ Outerwear __ UM __ Renthal __ Skat Trak Haulers __ T-9 Bajas w/ Razrs __ Blingstar John Natalie Victory __ Pro Armor __ Big Gun Rev box __

start with an air impact wrench.

You bolt is seized to the sleeve in the engine case...these sleeves are not replaceable items from Honda.

If you pound it with anything, use wood to protect your frame. Don't compound your problem by pounding a flat spot into your frame.
    Operator of South Fork Competition Park near Richmond, VA.
    www.southforkmx.com or "Like" South Fork Competition Park on Facebook.
    2013 CRF450R
    2006 TRX450R