Thread: apex mxr 90 variator

apex mxr 90 variator

could someone tell me what purpose the shim(washer) in between the two
    variator halves serves. there is not one on our kasea and i didn't know what purpose this serves. thanks for any input.
    05 kasea 90
    07 apex mxr 90

sometimes you have to shim the variator to get the belt to drop all the way down. believe it or not but some of the variator collars are different lengths.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

Throw it in the tool box. It will stop the two halves from coming together which limits the belt travel. Not good.
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

could this be causing our problems off the gate and out of the turns? when he gets on the throttle it seems to bog then take off. at first i thought it was the carb, then decided that wasn't it after changing jets and finally putting on a different carb. iv'e changed out clutches and it still does it. now i'm thinking i need to change roller weights.
    05 kasea 90
    07 apex mxr 90

I may be off. If it is a little skinny washer then it is used to make the shaft longer for a fatter belt. If it slides over the smooth shaft that goes over the crank splines - see above.
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    ALL OUT RACING
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Reference the bog out of turns, Change your Big torque spring. IMO
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    ALL OUT RACING

i wouldnt throw anything in the tool box till i checked belt travel. i have built many a race engine and sometimes you need the spacer so the belt will drop down far enough. matter fact we have used different thickness shims to fine tune a cvt belt on national motors for a few years now.

Mark
    " A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying.... Dang that was fun"

Mark

Bubba ( son )
    2005 YFZ450, 08 motor,Bike cam, Laeger Plus 2 a-arms, Elka shocks, GYTR Exhaust, Holeshots on Baja rims, AC Pro Pegs, G- Force axle

2009 Sponsor: Asv, SixSixOne. Oneal Racing, Houser Racing, GT Thunder, Nacs Racing, Elka

i went from a 1000 to a 2000 and it still does it. any suggestions?
    05 kasea 90
    07 apex mxr 90

if its coming out of the gate slow for about 10 to 20 feet and then taking off sounds like the rollers are to heavy. that will also cause the bog out of the corners, basically not shifting down.

Mark

Mark

Bubba ( son )

thats exactly how it does. thanks alot guys for your help.
    05 kasea 90
    07 apex mxr 90