Thread: What I want to see is......

Hybrid View

What I want to see is......

...one of these with aftermarket suspension on it. Seems like a set of long travel arms and shocks would be right at home on this thing for dunes and deserts. I bet it is pretty choked up in stock form...green sticker quad right?....I am sure that the normal intake and exhaust mods with a controller will make the thing rip. Drop a tooth on the countershaft for the dunes and it should pull hard off the bottom. If it is more comfy for a taller rider I would be in the market for one....I feel very cramped on my LT-R450. I am riding my CRF more often because of it.

That is the thing I hate about the ltr it seems like you are out in front of the bars or something lol and it is pretty cramped. I like my honda but your right about the 700xx I bet it could be a great runner with a pipe and that little stuff.

It's not that bad, it is just that after I get off my CRF450...The LT-R450 seems small and underpowered. Life is full of little problems, right?

Haha yea that is what the problem is I guess because bikes feel so much different but when I rode the ltr it was like I wasn't even on a quad becuase the front end is so short it seems and I wasn't used to it. Probably if I rode one all day I would say something about my honda feeling like a boat or something lol. I would like to pick up a 700xx but I want to see what the 09 450r has first

Re: What I want to see is......

Originally posted by rummerd
    ...one of these with aftermarket suspension on it. Seems like a set of long travel arms and shocks would be right at home on this thing for dunes and deserts. I bet it is pretty choked up in stock form...green sticker quad right?....I am sure that the normal intake and exhaust mods with a controller will make the thing rip. Drop a tooth on the countershaft for the dunes and it should pull hard off the bottom. If it is more comfy for a taller rider I would be in the market for one....I feel very cramped on my LT-R450. I am riding my CRF more often because of it.
    Did anybody consider that widening this thing is going to require 4 sets of a-arms and 4 new shocks???? Going to cost some $$$$ to do this one!!!
    Desert- 450R
    Trail- 400EX
    Technical Trail- Rancher 420 and 350
    Kids- Two 250EX's and 90
    Dual-Sport Bike- XT225

Ride Southwest Deserts in the Cool Months, and High Altitude Mountains in the Hot Months!

front only on A-arms you should be able to widen the rear with different off set on the wheels I did on my Outlaw 525
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

My dad should be getting his pipe and stuff soon and he is considering droping a tooth if the spline matchs the 450r, he is also considering getting a front end if we could find a company making one, the front suspension sucks stock, we've been looking for alternatives, so more mods are getting done on the 700xx today so ill post more pictures tomarrow or soon

Re: Re: What I want to see is......

Originally posted by reconranger
    Did anybody consider that widening this thing is going to require 4 sets of a-arms and 4 new shocks???? Going to cost some $$$$ to do this one!!!
    Do not forget you would also need axles for the rear. My 450R I spent more on the rear then the front. Swingarm, linkage, shock, bearing carrier, LSR anti-fade, axle, hubs, air box lifter. (Of course, that is at the extreme, you do not HAVE to spend all that.) All that stuff adds up fast, I bet a set of a-arms, shocks, and axles, would be close the the same price if not a little cheaper. I think this quad would look bada** with +3 arms all around though!

Doug
    2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
    (BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2013 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Dirttricks.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
    2005 TRX450R
    1986 TRX250R