Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Extreme Dirt Track ATV Racing - RD#1 - Twin Creeks - Live ATV Race Coverage

I copy and pasted this from the Arkansas ATV talk web site.....

If you were at the nationals yesterday, you know that a rider was air lifted from the track to a Little Rock hospital.
    Steven came over the big jump in the option lane off balance, and when he landed his head dropped down, and his throat hit the crossbar on the quads handlebars.
    His adams apple was crushed, and pushed to the back of his throat.
    My brother Les talked to Steven's wife Jenny earlier today and told him that they had to do a treacheotomy, and they put a feeding tube in earlier today.
    He cannot talk, he has to write everything down. The doctor said that they will do surgery on Wednesday morning to try to repair the adams apple.
    They are not sure on his prognosis as of now.
    Worst case scenario is that he may not be able to talk again, with a permanent treach tube, and a feeding tube.
    Best case scenario is that he will make a full recovery.
    He and Jenny are in the process of moving into a new trailer. It needs to be leveled, and they were supposed to start moving their stuff in the near future.
    Les told her not to worry aboyt that right now, and to take care of Steven.
    Steven also had some bills that are coming up, so we need to band together as fans, racers, and supporters, to Help Steven and Jenny out.
    I will keep updates coming as i get them.
    Please keep Steven and his family in your prayers.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats to Mitch #137

A big congrats to Mitch. I know first hand Mitch spent a lot of time with off season training and really worked hard. His dedication is going to pay off this year.

Good talking to you today Mitch. I'll call you tomorrow.

Christian
    TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
    www.motoxnutrition.com

another update on Steven Sanson........

Steven underwent emergency surgery yesterday afternoon.
    My brother was down there when he came out of surgery.
    The doctors had to put a steel plate in his throat, and do some reconstruction on his adams apple.
    The good news is that Steven was able to talk very faintly. The doctors took his treach tube out, and they said he may be able to go home, maybe as soon as this weekend.
    He is still having trouble swallowing, so he still has his feeding tube in. Thank god it looks like he is going to pull through just fine.
    Thank You everyone for keeping Steven and his family in your prayers.
    And I would also like to thank Paige for the message she left, and if anything else is needed, I will post it here.
    There is DEFINETELY something to be said for the power of prayer!
    Again, thanks to everyone for their concerns for Steven and his family.
    I will post further updates as I get them.

Glad to hear the good news. SFR wishes Steven a complete and speedy recovery.
    Stuart Family Racing
    Bill #89
    Zach #99
    Nick #78

there gonna be any pictures put up from this race?
    CFRacing

Hunter Haswell #20

Aston Haswell #22

"THE TRUTH"

Mitch had a total of 60 laps Max on the track in 2008 before the National. (one ARQA race & one Lucas EDT race)

Mitch Ran no laps on the track for at least a month before the National .

Mitch Blew-Up No Motors, He didn't recieve his motor from Baldwin until Friday Morning, Seven hours before he went out for Pro Practice.

Mitch Trains Very Hard and Deserves Every Win He Gets!

what about him and webb riding the whole week before national on the track,does that not count????

Mitch held a riding school for a couple of days, and it was not the week of the national because i was there working at the track. As a matter of fact it was the first week in April a few days before the first round of the Lucas Oil Series. Also at that time Mitch did not even own a TT quad and bought a used one the day before that race because he didn't have all the parts to finish his. I have no reason to Lie to anybody, But i can tell you straight out, Nobody..... not even Terry put a tire on that track the entire week before the National. We never even started prepping the track until Friday morning.

Originally posted by dvxxx400
    Mitch held a riding school for a couple of days, and it was not the week of the national because i was there working at the track. As a matter of fact it was the first week in April a few days before the first round of the Lucas Oil Series. Also at that time Mitch did not even own a TT quad and bought a used one the day before that race because he didn't have all the parts to finish his. I have no reason to Lie to anybody, But i can tell you straight out, Nobody..... not even Terry put a tire on that track the entire week before the National. We never even started prepping the track until Friday morning.
    I can beleave the track preping part, seen that with my own eyes.
    Sure would have been nice though if that guy would have smoothed out the pit area behind the pro trailers like he said he was course I can understand him being busy though .
    Neil
    C-Leigh Racing Team
    In memory of Caraleigh Pritchard
    1979 - 1992

Team riders, 2017 Extreme Dirt Track
    # 25 450R Honda, Chuckie Creech, Pro, Pro Am, Pro Am Unlimited class
    # 25, 450R Honda, Andrea Creech, Womens class

I think you guys will like the changes at OMAR in Ava. Roy has put alot of work into changing the track up and building a tower on the opposite side of the track from the old one. The track is a little faster and no more "cross-over" off the start.

See you in about a week.
    Stuart Family Racing
    Bill #89
    Zach #99
    Nick #78

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast