Thread: how to decide between side by side and 4 wheeler

how to decide between side by side and 4 wheeler

Hi All,

I have not been in a Rhino yet, but they sure look fun.

What are the pros and cons between buying a Rhino or something like the Quad King 450?

Things that one can do that the other can't, or are they two different to compare?

Thanks for any advice.

i'm tired right now but i will try to come up with as many as i can think of

rhino can work around the house, haul stuff, great for hunting fishing ect, mudding, two people can ride an be relaxed when riding in it, can do lots of mods such as wheels, exhust, shocks ,radio(my boss did sirius in his rhino) ect. rhino is bigger than a quad, some states can be drivin on the road but no more than 10miles from your home( not 100% sure on that statement) more $, need to have a bigger place to store it.

quad can work around the house, cant haul stuff, still good for hunting but cant haul as much, mudding, two people can ride but not as relaxed as in a rhino, still can do lots of mods, quad is smaller than rhino, not sure if it can be drivin on the road leagaly(some states may be different) less than rhino, dont need to have a big place to keep it.

we have a honda forman and a rhino and i would rather drive the rhino than the forman but thats my opinion. thats all i can think of. i will figure out more later.
    2013 Can Am Outlander XT 1000
    Uni air filter, Ricochet Skids,Moose 60in plow

02 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 H.O cummins 6 speed. Few mods!

The Rhino is the hot toy right now. ATVs are great, but if you want to ride with 2 people, a UTV is the way to go. Plus, they are pretty stout and are ready for work or play. There are also many aftermarket parts available for Rhinos now.

Stock Rhino will fit in the back of a full-size pick-up truck.

yeah I have a 400ex and a rhino and honestly I find my self taking the rhino out more then I do the 400 for many reasons, I like the fact I can ride the rhino all day comfortably w friends and at the end of the day im still clean, even though the rhino will be covered w mud haha. But I have riden atv's my whole life and I think I just like the change of riding. But the options are just about endless as far as the aftermarket stuff goes.
    "If your not first ur last" Rikky Bobby
    07 Yamaha Rhino- ITP wheels n tires
    - oh yeah its a beast
    03 416ex
    white Brothers e series
    dynojet kit
    Ac racing nerf bars
    Ac racing bumper
    Renthal Bars
    Holeshot Tires

i have a 400ex and i even find myself taking our rhino out for joyrides. i love ripping trough our feilds and mudding, my buddie that has a utility quad loved our rhino, its really a do any thing vehicle except very tight trais because it wears you out if you keep on having to slow down for trees or making several point turns, thats when trail blazing is nice, this is all on my property
    1999- Wrangler Lifted and Geared
    2005 trx400ex -- mine

"I ride red even though its yellow"

The only advantage I can come up with on a ATV is;
    If you are carry a hot chic as a passenger and you slam on the brakes, The atv has a better feeling on your back...lol
    But I still chose the Rhino.
    Had mine for 3 years. Lov it like a family member.
    We also have 3 quads, 3 bikes and ride all kinds of stuff.
    The rhino deffinatley gets the most use.
    Humboldt Hills Racing Team;
    634 - Trenner Wile
    101 - Aubrey Wile
    925 - Tristan Garrett
    00 - Kamren Bobb
    21 - Wyatt Wilkin

www.humboldthills.com
    www.soccracing.com
    www.southernohioscoring.com
    www.southerohiooffroad.com

i found another reason that the rhino is better than atv when you get stuck and are waiting for someone you can use the wide bed to stand in my dad said he could make it haha he was wrong lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Can Am Outlander XT 1000
    Uni air filter, Ricochet Skids,Moose 60in plow

02 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 H.O cummins 6 speed. Few mods!

Re: how to decide between side by side and 4 wheeler

Hi mgh,

I came across this 2008 Yamaha Rhino review that might help you seal the deal:

2008 Yamaha Rhino Review