Thread: considering buying 450 or 525 help please

considering buying 450 or 525 help please

I"m looking into buying one 450 or 525, I cant decide what. My question is other then which one to get, what are you guys paying, and what are the major/monor issues if any with the quad. I will be using it for rec mostly trail riding. I current ly have a raptor 350 and I want more.

I have one of each, and can't tell too much different between the two from mid rpm's up through the top end. The 525 has a little more torque down low. Like if you go through a corner a gear high the 525 will pull out of it immediately, where the 450 will take a second or two to build power. The difference is very minor, I thought it would be much more noticeable but it's not. If you are serious about getting one shoot me a message and I would be more than happy to get you a $. My local dealer is pretty aggressive on their pricing

Well I did some research on them, because I was thinking about buying one, I just ended up getting a a can-am 450. But I know that the 525 only has one more h.p. I would just get a 450. You can change the gearing for more bottom end, if you think you need it.
    Thanks Motoworks for all your guys help this year....highly appreciated!!!
    Thanks to Extrme Mini Quads NW, CH Racing, Donohoe Racing.
    Can-Am 450
    Motoworks Exhaust
    Fox Shox
    Houser A-arms
    Lonestar axel
    x-factor bumper

525 has 4 more hp than 450.

I am leaning towards the 450.. If I need more motor I can always get the piston and cylender and make it a 525 later down the road. I think coming from a 350 the 450 should be plenty for me?? I definatly have decided on a ktm though. What are the must do thinks when you get them.. I have heard somthign about water in the swing arm possibly? Something about siliconing something.

If you have that problem just take it back to the dealer they will properly mod it so that does not happen anymore.