Thread: 2000 fourtrax 350 Won't Shift

2000 fourtrax 350 Won't Shift

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum i have been reading around for a while but i thought it was time to sign up. To the reason I am posting. I have a 2000 fourtrax that will not shift i have removed the electric motor and it is fine operates fine shifting up and down i pulled the little cover behind the mount surface and looked at the gears and there all in great shape. You can try the manual shift lever and it moves freely ( not seized) but does not shift the transmission. Anyone heard of this problem? I spoke with honda and they said there was a clutch recall back in 2000 i may have a problem there.. thing is the bike is stuck in gear if i push it it turns the engine over? but if i pull the engine over with the pull cord the engine turns over yet bike will not move. i am positive it is not electrical but clutch sounds like a possiblility? i got the machine for free from one of my uncles it was a plow machine comercially so its beat hard and i wanna just fix it as a second machine. neways thanx in advance for any ideas!

I had an 02 rancher and it got to where it wouldnt shift at all and it was electric. it had around 6000 miles on it and i took it to a dealer and they adjusted the clutch and put a new sensor on it of some sort. At around 7800 miles it got to where i had to adjust the clutch everytime i rode it for it to shift right. im not sure it this is the same but try adjusting the clutch on it. the manuel tells you how to do it.
    06 yfz cam mod, carb mod, kicker setup, jd performance +3 arms, fox lt float evols, +4 lsr axle, protaper bars, hep battery box, oversize aluminum oil tank, laker plastics

05 450R itp ss rims, stage two hot cam, jetted, Yosh pipe, gtt link

05 450R, big bore, Duncan cam, full rossier pipe, +2 Houser arms,+2 houser antivibe stem, Pro taper bars, +2 G force axle

06 Rancher Stock

07 420 Rancher

07 Rubicon jetted, KN air filter,baffle removed,homemade front and rear bumpers. ITP rims and tires