Thread: 250x Gear shifter help

250x Gear shifter help

The gear shifter that protrudes form the tranny is slipping on the little teeth and not "grabbing. I have tightened the nut and bolt all the way, still no good! Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Ben
    BlazingYZ can't get me off the line without NOS. Quadjunkies is a HOTTIE. Pappy is 2nd to God. Troy can't touch me. I'm 2FAST. Ca't wait to roost all of you this summer. I ride a 250x with too many mods to have you read. Catch me on AOL at milbrookguy17

are the little teeth broke off? or is it just not grabbing? KP
    1985 Honda ATC 250r

Bone stock except DG pipe and silencer

the teeth are still no the shaft that sticks out. Are there teeth on the gear shifter clamp?
    BlazingYZ can't get me off the line without NOS. Quadjunkies is a HOTTIE. Pappy is 2nd to God. Troy can't touch me. I'm 2FAST. Ca't wait to roost all of you this summer. I ride a 250x with too many mods to have you read. Catch me on AOL at milbrookguy17

yes

Where can i buy one at? Any after market ones?
    -Ben

try buying a new bolt i tightend my bolt to tight before and it striped and all i needed was a new bolt try that before buying a new gear shifter

sure are aftermarket shifters, any salvage yards near you or honda dealers

Thanks guys. Problem fixed. Bolt was stripped AND broke. no wonder it was so lose!!!!!! Replacing wiht stainless steel hardware tommrow!
    -Ben