Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Production Atv?

hmm, from what i can remember eichner's (sp) quad was an outlaw banshee too. cant remember who built it though.

dont get me wrong though, i love banshees and also thing they deserve some more credit. pretty much the only quad that kept sport atv's alive until the 400ex came out after the 250r went bye bye
    Brandon Preuss
    www.akraix.com

-'04 YFZ 450
    -'87 Banshee (for sale!)
    -'04 Arctic Cat F7 Snowpro

Originally posted by toomeyshee87
    hmm, from what i can remember eichner's (sp) quad was an outlaw banshee too. cant remember who built it though.

dont get me wrong though, i love banshees and also thing they deserve some more credit. pretty much the only quad that kept sport atv's alive until the 400ex came out after the 250r went bye bye
    DRI built Eichners banshee. I remember it. Blue and white with the Pual Turner pipes, I remember looking at it in the pages of dirthwheels and thinking what a beast it would be to ride.

I was 10 or 11 at the time. (Somewhere around there anyways...I dont remember exactly when...)
    '79 F100-Drag truck
    '92 Dodge D350, 12V cummins-Daily Driver

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
    Get a few buddies to buy some and have "metro racing"
    --Epic WIN!

i believe is was a full laeger pro-trax banshee. maybe 250r geometry also.

similar to this one

http://www.atvriders.com/qotm/quadof...anshee350.html
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

Sure Banshees could be good but at what cost? You have to modify them much more for MX or XC. I would never own 1 I could tell you that. Too much work and they just all around suck in my opinion. Sucking down gas for what reason because they cant go that fast unless its straight and more flat. The only 2 stroke I would buy besides my weedwacker an edger would be a Honda 250r. Those are bad a** and do not suck.

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
    Sure Banshees could be good but at what cost? You have to modify them much more for MX or XC. I would never own 1 I could tell you that. Too much work and they just all around suck in my opinion. Sucking down gas for what reason because they cant go that fast unless its straight and more flat. The only 2 stroke I would buy besides my weedwacker an edger would be a Honda 250r. Those are bad a** and do not suck.
    Wow.

Thats about all I feel like saying right now.

You have to modify any quad you buy to make it competitive on an MX track. Banshee's really arent that much work if youll leave them semi-stock. Pipes, filter, jet the carbs and some port work and your good.

I can tell you, my buddys banshee with Toomey T-6 pipes, filter and an MX port, is faster than any 450 I have ever ridden. And Ive rode quite a few 450's.
    '79 F100-Drag truck

--Epic WIN!

i have put more money into my 450 then my banshee and the banshee has more mods. (rear shock and motor work)

Brandon Preuss
    www.akraix.com

-'04 YFZ 450
    -'87 Banshee (for sale!)

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
    you really hate 2 strokes don't you.
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

i have put more money into my 450 then my banshee and the banshee has more mods. (rear shock and motor work)

Im willing to bet that your Banshee is faster and handles better than your YFZ too, doesnt it?
    '79 F100-Drag truck

--Epic WIN!

faster..yes

handles better... no, my long travel evols do wonders on my yfz. but the pep zps make a night and day difference from a stock banshee
    Brandon Preuss
    www.akraix.com

-'04 YFZ 450
    -'87 Banshee (for sale!)

Originally posted by my88r
    you really hate 2 strokes don't you.
    most except the 250r

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast