Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Production Atv?

I read in the test ATV Riders did, that they claimed the new Honda 700XX felt like that fast production quad, but I could be wrong. And I also have read that the new KTM 525XC beats the Raptor 700 in a drag race.
    2004 400EX

Originally posted by 400ex_rider13
    I read in the test ATV Riders did, that they claimed the new Honda 700XX felt like that fast production quad, but I could be wrong. And I also have read that the new KTM 525XC beats the Raptor 700 in a drag race.
    you should read the QUAD magazine article on the 700xx as well i think honestly for the die hard honda fans it is a huge let down
    1986 TRX 250R

CARPE DIEM

believe it or not...in a drag race with everything stock nothing will beat the can-am 800. I would have be money the 700 raptor would beat it. I even thought my yfz450 would beat it. I was proven wrong.

I still can't believe a ut quad is that fast.

Here is a link to some guys that did some testing.

www.mudanddirt.com

Originally posted by smr
    believe it or not...in a drag race with everything stock nothing will beat the can-am 800. I would have be money the 700 raptor would beat it. I even thought my yfz450 would beat it. I was proven wrong.

I still can't believe a ut quad is that fast.

Here is a link to some guys that did some testing.

www.mudanddirt.com

Yeah I have a buddy that has a built 440ex he sand drags down at st joe.

He said one day all the bikes lined up and there was a can am 800 that lined up next to him.He kinda chuckled and they took off.Well the only bike that was close to him was the can am.He was shocked and stoped and started talking to the guy.The guy weighed like 250 pounds and said "watch this"He put another biggo guy on and raced again.Still had the same results!That is pretty amazing.I've seen my buddies bike beat 450's and banshee's.(Sure alot still beat him though)

My dad used to have a couple qaudzilla's.One was a 1990 motor in a lt250r chassis and the other one was a really nice 87 that had motor work.

Honestly I never got either bike going as fast they would go.I know on a black top road the 87 would smoke the tires into a wheelie whenever you took off.I also exploded the clutch basket doing that!Those bikes where fun but not very realible.Always had water pump issue's and main bearings and seals went out also.Nothing like that 500 stroke for gettin it though!
    86 trx250r.Jd performance,WP,Renthal,herman racing,durablue,pivotworks,fmf,dg,ac,douglas,maxxi s,pep,uni,motion pro,nac's,hinson,fastline,All balls,

Gonna be done someday.....

02 400ex maxxis,Uni,HMF,Renthal,factory effex.

97 300ex uni,works.

04 yfz450

Originally posted by Moded86R
    Yeah I have a buddy that has a built 440ex he sand drags down at st joe.

He said one day all the bikes lined up and there was a can am 800 that lined up next to him.He kinda chuckled and they took off.Well the only bike that was close to him was the can am.He was shocked and stoped and started talking to the guy.The guy weighed like 250 pounds and said "watch this"He put another biggo guy on and raced again.Still had the same results!That is pretty amazing.I've seen my buddies bike beat 450's and banshee's.(Sure alot still beat him though)

My dad used to have a couple qaudzilla's.One was a 1990 motor in a lt250r chassis and the other one was a really nice 87 that had motor work.

Honestly I never got either bike going as fast they would go.I know on a black top road the 87 would smoke the tires into a wheelie whenever you took off.I also exploded the clutch basket doing that!Those bikes where fun but not very realible.Always had water pump issue's and main bearings and seals went out also.Nothing like that 500 stroke for gettin it though!
    I first ran into one last summer at Paddy's bluff. We were playing around in the draq strip and this guy pulls up. I thought now way.....well my yfz is stock and he beat the heck out of me. He also outran anything else that pulled up beside him. He could even beat some of the dirt bikes. I would have never believed it if I hadden seen it.

Originally posted by nofearrider1
    doesn't matter whats the fastest. Straight lines are boring.
    X3!!! My cousin has a banshee and always says, "dude we should drag!" and my reply is "why drag race when it doesnt show much skill. what is the point of having somthing only fast in a straight line when where we always ride is trails or pits." his response is, "i dont know" haha IMO drag racing is stupid unless its H2H same car same mods same conditions that way its a challenge to see who was better in shifting and reaction time. Real skill shows in a real race where you do more than just going straight. Thats why I hate Banshees is because all they are good for is going straight or dunes.

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
    X3!!! My cousin has a banshee and always says, "dude we should drag!" and my reply is "why drag race when it doesnt show much skill. what is the point of having somthing only fast in a straight line when where we always ride is trails or pits." his response is, "i dont know" haha IMO drag racing is stupid unless its H2H same car same mods same conditions that way its a challenge to see who was better in shifting and reaction time. Real skill shows in a real race where you do more than just going straight. Thats why I hate Banshees is because all they are good for is going straight or dunes.

-1 back to X2. Banshees kick ***.

Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
    Shows your ignorance.

MXJunkie had his shee on an MX track and raced XC with it. Im sure it wasnt as good as a 450 with a full LT suspension and the works, but his banshee hauled the mail quite effectively.

And also, Banshee's are good for WAYYYY more than just drag racing and dune riding. You might wanna google "Sanduhl Racing" and take a look at thier desert racing banshee, and also look into the banshee that DRI built for Douch Eighner a while back. I think they built it for the pont de vaeux race in France, or either the 12 hours of ATV america race...
    '79 F100-Drag truck
    '92 Dodge D350, 12V cummins-Daily Driver

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
    Get a few buddies to buy some and have "metro racing"
    --Epic WIN!

Originally posted by 416exfreak
    Shows your ignorance.

MXJunkie had his shee on an MX track and raced XC with it. Im sure it wasnt as good as a 450 with a full LT suspension and the works, but his banshee hauled the mail quite effectively.

And also, Banshee's are good for WAYYYY more than just drag racing and dune riding. You might wanna google "Sanduhl Racing" and take a look at thier desert racing banshee, and also look into the banshee that DRI built for Douch Eighner a while back. I think they built it for the pont de vaeux race in France, or either the 12 hours of ATV america race...
    you have to remember that most of those banshees had outlaw chassis. completely different quad..
    Brandon Preuss
    www.akraix.com

-'04 YFZ 450
    -'87 Banshee (for sale!)
    -'04 Arctic Cat F7 Snowpro

Originally posted by toomeyshee87
    you have to remember that most of those banshees had outlaw chassis. completely different quad..
    Sanduhls did, but im 99% sure that DRI's banshee had the stock frame. Stock, the banshee doesnt handle the best, but Yamaha did what they could for the time. And Banshee's sold like hotcakes right up to the day Yamaha stopped making them. To update it would have raised the price, and its not like people cant just put thier own parts on the quad when they buy it.

Honestly, how many people buy a quad and leave it 100% stock for the entire length of time that it is in thier possession?

I just think people should give the Banshee more credit than they do. They compare it to all of these modern 450's and say "well the banshee handles like crap compared to a 400ex and any of the new 450's" (and you know its been said on this forum [maybe not this thread, but the forum in general] and that isnt justifiable).

Rant off.
    '79 F100-Drag truck
    '92 Dodge D350, 12V cummins-Daily Driver

Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
    Get a few buddies to buy some and have "metro racing"
    --Epic WIN!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast